PDA

View Full Version : Rossi Tang Sight

TCLouis
01-24-2014, 12:07 AM
Does it come with a longer screw to each through the tang as well as the front screw?

Has anyone that has ordered one forom Rossi heard anything about delivery?

Pepe Ray
01-24-2014, 01:12 AM
It's been several years since I got mine. And they came from a distributor, NOT Rossi.
However, the sight was designated for the .22LR pump rifle so the screws had to be replaced for my M92.
Ace hardware, OTS.
Pepe Ray

knifemaker
01-24-2014, 02:36 AM
if you have a Rossi 92 with the safety in front of the hammer. Another peep sight you might consider is the one made by Steve Gunz, web site---www.stevesgunz.com It replaces the safety and really looks good on the Rossi. I order one and installed in on my 92 along with a higher "firesight" for the front sight. Steve's rear peep sight has no windage ajustment, just elevation. When I installed both sights, I centered the front sight in the dove tail and windage was dead on for my rifle and plenty of elevation adjustment. He also has a video on tuning the 92 for cowboy action shooting, that includes how to dissassemble, clean, modify and reasssemble the Rossi 92. I also purchased one of his stainless steel magazine followers to replace the cheap Rossi plastic one that has a tendency to cause problems down the line in the magazine tube.

fecmech
01-24-2014, 11:38 AM
TC--They come with screws for their guns, as Pepe said they are no good for the 92. Go to Brownells for Marble tang sight screws specific for you gun. There are two different sights at Taurus. The first 3 listed (same PN)have a shorter stem and on a 92 with subsonic ammo you will run out of elevation at about 100 yds (OK with mags). The sight for the model 63 has a longer stem (PN 5-6373) and will give you enough elevation for susbsonic to 200 yds. No disadvantage to the longer stem at all. One of the best bargains in tang sights IMO.