PDA

View Full Version : For the chronograph killers

jmorris
01-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Velocity radar http://mylabradar.com/. Some neat features besides the fact that people can't shoot it but not going to be cheap.

454PB
01-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Very interesting!

Can't even get a price yet and not available until "Spring".

wlc
01-24-2014, 03:39 AM
Don't know how much truth there is in it, but I read on another forum that it will be in the $3-400 range. Don't remember where the person said they got the info. I'll be following this closely.

RickinTN
01-24-2014, 08:31 AM
I was talking to a friend recently and he told me he had purchased a chronograph which wrapped around the barrel of the rifle, handgun, etc, even shotguns and measured the magnetic pulse as the bullet/shot charge passed through the barrel. No way to shoot it, as it is behind the muzzle. He shoots long range black powder big-bores with smokeless powder. He tried an Ohler on my recommendation but said the muzzle blast was so severe it knocked the sky screens over. I'm not sure of the manufacturer nor do I have any further information but it sounded interesting.
Rick

Gar
01-24-2014, 11:51 AM
I was talking to a friend recently and he told me he had purchased a chronograph which wrapped around the barrel of the rifle, handgun, etc, even shotguns and measured the magnetic pulse as the bullet/shot charge passed through the barrel. No way to shoot it, as it is behind the muzzle. He shoots long range black powder big-bores with smokeless powder. He tried an Ohler on my recommendation but said the muzzle blast was so severe it knocked the sky screens over. I'm not sure of the manufacturer nor do I have any further information but it sounded interesting.
Rick

Would this be the one?

http://www.magnetospeed.com/

Price doesn't seem too bad.

RickinTN
01-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Would this be the one?

http://www.magnetospeed.com/

Price doesn't seem too bad.

That does look like what he described.
Rick

Doc Highwall
01-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Don't forget that the weight of the Magnetospeed can affect accuracy being attached to the barrel.

brtelec
01-24-2014, 07:35 PM
The LabRadar is expected by the company to be $499-

wlc
01-24-2014, 11:09 PM
If MSRP is $499 wonder what street price will be??? Still, if it works it should be more accurate than a chrony and you get the benefit of not shooting holes in it....

rbstern
01-24-2014, 11:17 PM
Wonder if it can double as a neighborhood speed trap, so you can mess with your neighbors by setting off their radar detectors.

Firebird
01-27-2014, 04:22 AM
Couldn't use one on a typical pubic range as the shooting stations would be too close together and it would track everyone's bullets, making it hard to decide which data set goes with your shot. But it should be able to give you a complete picture of the bullets velocity as it traveled down range, leading to better ballistic profiles of bullets and better long range shooting.

GabbyM
01-27-2014, 09:59 AM
They claim accuracy to .1%. which would be 3 fps at 3,000 fps.
If that is proven out true. They may have something.
I've never had any issues getting my simple Chronny to work. In bright sun I just use a piece of cardboard for a full umbrella shade.
Most peoples issues come from having the unit set to close.