PDA

View Full Version : Remington Model 7 stock finish cracks?

rockrat
01-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Anyone have a good idea how to, or even if, some hairline cracks could be fixed on a Remington Model 7 I picked up today? The cracks in the finish are about 3" long and longitudinal. Maybe 8 or so fine cracks in the finish

Wondering about using a similar finish and applying to the cracks to kind of fill them in. Great looking gun, but the cracks kind of detract from the gun.

thanks

AlaskanGuy
01-23-2014, 10:59 PM
Here is what you are looking for.... Read through this, there is some info on working with cracks and such.... Let us know in this thread how you do...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?227271-GunStock-Re-Finishing-The-Roger-Method-explained-with-Pics

AlaskanGuy

johnson1942
01-24-2014, 12:00 AM
i think it is a never good to leave a gun in a car when it is going to be 25 to 40 below 0 that night, especially when you get in the car , warm it up and go hunting. even some good finishishes check or crack with that extreem. to rapid to fast each way a change. yes ive done that and yes i had to refinish the gun. its possible thats what happened to your gun. im sure you will take better care of it.