PDA

View Full Version : Total cost for dies, shellholders, trim plate and pilot.

Zymurgy50
01-22-2014, 09:02 PM
I have a friend (and his son) I am mentoring in the science of reloading, have been looking for a set of 40S&W dies for him for a while now. In the past when he needed some 40's reloaded I would borrow another friends toolhead for my Dillon 550.
A couple weeks ago a member here needed a sfrb of pure lead. I got his address and sent him a box (14-15lbs), told him to pay me what he thought it was worth. A week later a check for $35 arrived at the house. Browsing through the swappin n sellin area I came across a set of RCBS carbide dies for $30+6 shipping. Now to get shellholders, and hey, I also want the RCBS trim pro shellplate and a 40 pilot to trim brass for 40 to 452 swaging. I had a $25 gift card I won at the union picnic last summer, so I figured this was a good time to get it out of the wallet. RCBS shellholder, lee hand primer shellholder, RCBS trim pro shellplate and a 40 cal pilot came to 29.55 from Midway. NRA round up of $1.45 brought the total on my card to $6.

Total cost on my end: 15# of pure lead, $6 shipping + $6 cash...
Gotta love the barter system here..........

ACrowe25
01-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Nice deals you got there buddy, and good on you for teaching a fellow shooter.

ACrowe25
01-22-2014, 09:25 PM
I tend not to think about how much I spend in this hobby, it allows me to pretend I'm still saving money by doing it! :lol: