PDA

View Full Version : Pacific DL150, DL250 and DL350 Shotgun Presses, when were they made

DonMountain
01-22-2014, 12:24 PM
I have been wondering when the shotgun reloading presses in my personal collection were made after seeing the similar question about a Pacific cartridge reloading press age prompted me to ask this question to all of you press collectors. I have DL150, DL250 and DL350 presses all with similar features like the tilt forward shot and powder reservoirs for dumping. Does anybody know when these were produced? I bought all of these used years ago after buying a new Pacific (red one) 00-7 cartridge reloading press back around 1987.

seagiant
01-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Hi Don,
I have a few Dietmayer/Bair/Pacific/Hornady presses! The history behind these machines are plenty amazing and small facts and tid bits keep popping up all the time!

My favorite loader is a DL-300 that I rebuilt with custom shot/powder tubes and made a pure brass charge bar that I milled with a tighter than factory spec and it is VERY smooth! This is coming from an ex-Spolar Gold owner so go figure!

http://pacificreloaders.awardspace.com/Reloaders.htm

Oh yea,glad to see you support the NRA! One less gun owner on this forum I have to carry on my back!!!

DonMountain
01-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Hi Don,
I have a few Dietmayer/Bair/Pacific/Hornady presses! The history behind these machines are plenty amazing and small facts and tid bits keep popping up all the time!

My favorite loader is a DL-300 that I rebuilt with custom shot/powder tubes and made a pure brass charge bar that I milled with a tighter than factory spec and it is VERY smooth! This is coming from an ex-Spolar Gold owner so go figure!

http://pacificreloaders.awardspace.com/Reloaders.htm

I looked at buying one of those years ago also. And have seen a few of them for sale on eBay. What I liked about the DL150, DL250 and DL350 series was the tilt forward to empty shot and powder tubes. How do you go about emptying the shot and powder tubes on the Deitemeyer 300? Or changing the shot and powder bushings? Nice looking press you have restored there.

Pressman
01-22-2014, 08:22 PM
The DL-200 is a curious critter. It is a carry over from the Dietmeyer line prior to Pacific. What makes it so curious is the top bar is removable/replaceable with another bar threaded for 7/8-14 tpi dies. It can be used to load metallic cartridges along with shot shells and the change over takes about 5 minutes.
Ken

MarkP
01-22-2014, 08:55 PM
1960 to 1971 ish.