PDA

View Full Version : I be done seen about everything....

Char-Gar
12-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Today I got a free copy of a magazine in the mail entitled "Garden & Gun"...21st. Century Southern Living. It came via Griffin and Howe.

This is a very slick magazine that is a combination of Southern Living Magazine and a hunting magazine. It contains articles about how the truly stylish and wealthy sportsmen live and shoot around the world. It contains ads for high end real estate, shooting farms, fashion, and that sort of thing. It also contained a full double page center add from Holland and Holland, with others ads by Purdy, Kreifhoff, and several botique Italian and Spanish gun makers. No Winchester, Remington, Ruger or the like ads in this puppy.

That magazine is a peek into the high dollar sport hunting world, most of us will never contact. It really is very interesting.

trooperdan
12-07-2007, 04:04 PM
I recommended this magazine a month or so ago, upon the recommendation of my wife. It is a pro-gun mag that the ladies can actually enjoy! I hope it survives!

waksupi
12-08-2007, 01:00 AM
I got a couple copies from them, for the company. We may start advertising with them, as it would reach our target group.

S.R.Custom
12-08-2007, 01:30 AM
I hope the Czars don't get too comfy and let their guard down; those Bolshevik types can really put the damper on a good thing.

There's another mag out there that I just noticed in the store...

http://www.sportingclassics.net/store/customer/home.php?cat=9

What caught my eye was the cover of the current issue-- showed a bird hunter walking through a field... totin' a Winchester Model 12. Made me stop and flip through, for sure! Lots of high-dollar stuff inside.

waksupi
12-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Sporting Classics seems to be one of the better magazines on the rack anymore. One of the few that I find anything of interest in.

S.R.Custom
12-08-2007, 02:48 AM
Have they been around long? I don't remember seeing Sporting Classics before...

waksupi
12-08-2007, 11:35 AM
I think they have been around for about a year now.

Ohio Rusty
12-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Last year I was sitting in my Doctor's office and he had a magazine there named 'Yacht World'. Looking thru the mahazine it was loaded with expensive boads and vacation real estate from around the worl. The cheapest boat in the magazine was a million dollars. There are two types of people in the world .... Filthy Rich ... and the rest of us.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Lee
12-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Yah, and the filthy don't realize that the $4000 shotgun won't hit a thing if the yuppie behind the trigger, in his Dockers, don't know what the hell he's doing.
One of my most satisfying moments to date was eavesdropping on a couple of 'em at a turkey shoot, looking at their cards and discussing how they would win the next round. All based on holding a little more up and to the left, so's the BB would then impact right on the "X".....................................

I guess ya had to be there!![smilie=1:

It takes all kinds............................................. ........Lee:wink:

9.3X62AL
12-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Lee--please tell me this didn't really happen, and that Skipper and Chauncey didn't believe that bit. Please.

Both of these magazines sound like something I would enjoy. Not that I could stay up with that racing class, but ads for H&H or Purdey are still nice to see.