PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Troubles- Lee 1000

smokemjoe
12-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Loading 45 ACP. Index is correct in alinement. Ever other case , when it starts in the shell plate it cocks it forewards and you have to pull the case backward to you and then it goes in, A Lee pRO 1000, Thanks - Joe

KYCaster
12-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Try some graphite on the platform where the case slides into the shell holder. Also on the top and bottom of the rails where the case pusher slides. Any little hang ups there will cause what you describe.

Oh...and make sure the shell plate is shugged down, if its a little higher than the feeder platform you'll get hang ups there.

Jerry

Ben
12-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Rub several coats of Johnson's Paste Wax on the feed platform. Makes all the difference in how smooth the cases slide into position.

smokemjoe
12-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I did what all you said, Still no work, I took it all apart, Check the fit to everthing.The hex. rod that goes up threw the center of the drive bolt is woren very sloppy, I put the rod into it and put it the lathe and tighten up the chuck in 3 different spots on the drive bolt. Now no play and indexs perfect evertime. Thanks for the help, Joe