PDA

View Full Version : ruined my bullseye need duplicate load

bmortell
01-20-2014, 10:50 PM
long story short i was dumb enough to let someone in reloading room while i was loading, i got distracted and dumped trickler full of 2400 in my bullseye which could of kept my 38s coming of table for a good while, so i made a bullseye trail and burned it.

i been doing the oh so common 2.7 bulls with 148 wc, now the only powder i got faster than 2400 is titegroup. my books dont got wadcutter loads, i was getting good results with that load if i had loaded ones left id chrony them to match speed. so anyone know what titegroup charge for same velocity.

Scharfschuetze
01-20-2014, 11:08 PM
Too bad about the Bullseye fueled conflagration in the back yard.

I've been using a lot of Tightgroup lately. Try 2.7 grains to 3.0 grains of it under your 148 grain LWC to duplicate your Bullseye load.

geargnasher
01-20-2014, 11:18 PM
You might like the Titegroup even more. Just don't leave it in a plastic powder measure for very long.

Gear

tazman
01-20-2014, 11:28 PM
There is data for titegroup posted on the Hodgdon powder web site. Just google hodgdon powder data and follow the links.

TCLouis
01-20-2014, 11:43 PM
This will start you on the trail.

Go to Data tab

http://www.hodgdon.com/#

bobthenailer
01-21-2014, 09:04 AM
A+ on Tight group powder ! i used a few 8lb kegs of Bullseye over 20 some years and still have about 3 lbs left,
I tried TG when it first came out and found that it kept the guns exterior cleaner it was also a few $ a pound less .
I was also able to duplicate accuracy that i got with BE with the same powder charge of TG or sometimes 0.05 grain more of TG powder. since then ive used several 8 & 1 pound cans of TG and have a very good supply of TG in my stash as it is my go to powder for most handgun calibers even 357,44 mag & 454 casull for velocties in some instances up to 1,200 fps.

TMenezes
01-21-2014, 09:41 AM
You might like the Titegroup even more. Just don't leave it in a plastic powder measure for very long.

Gear

What happens if you leave TightGroup in your plastic powder measure?

308w
01-21-2014, 09:56 AM
I understand you getting rid of the contaminated powder, but with a slower in a faster, 2400 in the bullseye you could have prob shook it good and kept using it. I ain't no rocket scientist but I don't see what this would hurt. I think when we get into trouble would be when we get a faster powder and contaminate a slower with it.
I've had to get rid of powder also, once I poured a powder measure half full of ww 296 in a can of ww 748, I did just what you done. I burned it outside.
I vowed to never have but one kind of powder on my reloading bench at a time, and this has prevented it from happening to me since that time. 308w

alamogunr
01-21-2014, 10:43 AM

Gear

Someone should start a thread on which powders are bad about etching a powder reservoir. I left some surplus powder in mine for a couple of days when something came up and prevented my going back and finishing a loading session. I almost needed to replace the reservoir.

Sorry about the hijack!

osteodoc08
01-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Someone should start a thread on which powders are bad about etching a powder reservoir. I left some surplus powder in mine for a couple of days when something came up and prevented my going back and finishing a loading session. I almost needed to replace the reservoir.

Sorry about the hijack!

My understanding is any double based powder (nitrocellulose and nitroglycerin)

detox
01-21-2014, 10:34 PM
I hear Hodgdon powder will soon start distributing N32C Tin Star powder, but it will be renamed Tin Cup. This powder fills case better, burns cleaner and gives lower velocity spread in my 686. Burning rate is a tad quicker than Unique and slower than Bullseye.
http://www.lapua.com/en/products/reloading/vihtavuori-reloading-data/relodata/7