PDA

View Full Version : Lee Load All

richhodg66
01-20-2014, 09:37 PM
I have one of these I got a good deal on a year or two back and have finally gotten around to setting it up. I have virtually no experience loading shot gun shells, but want to get into loading slugs in 12 and probably 20 gauges eventually.

Will this little loader work OK for loading the Lyman inside the wad slugs and something similar in 20 gauge later? Like most Lee stuff, it doesn't seem real well made, but is simple and straightforward enough. It came set up for 20 gauge and had all the bushings with it and I also have the parts to change it to 12 gauge. I doubt I'll even use the bushings and just use a powder measure like when I load metallic cartridges.

Any thoughts or words of wisdom on the Lee Load All? If the shotgun reloading bites, I'll most likely upgrade to a better tool down the line, but if this will load decent ammo, it'll at least let me decide if I want to pursue it or not.

Hogtamer
01-20-2014, 10:13 PM
You can use it to size and deprime, to prime and drop the powder, but you will still hand load the slug. you can then start and finish crimp with the Lee.

longusmc
01-21-2014, 02:00 AM
I've been using the Lee for the last 3-4 years to load 12 and 20ga 2 3/4" lead shot shells and 12ga 3" steel. The press will drop the shot and powder for the lead shells just fine, but for the steel shells I have to weigh each powder charge and the shot as well. The bushings are designed for lead shot not steel. Alliant Steel powder doesn't drop consistent charges through the bushings either if you can find one large enough for the charge you need.

jmort
01-21-2014, 10:58 AM
For me perfect press for hull prep. I don't use it for powder or shot as I only load buck/ball/slug.

richhodg66
01-21-2014, 07:03 PM
This will be almost exclusively for slugs and I'll most likely measure powder with a lyman 55. I mainly just need it to size and crimp.

I really don't shoot that many shotgun shells, I have several shotguns, just don't use them much. I really should start going bird and small game hunting more.