PDA

View Full Version : Saeco 255RNFP in Levergun

simo99
01-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Hi there. Looking at a second hand (essentially new hardly used) Saeco 255 grain 38-55 2 cavity mold. Guy only wants $50 AUD for it. Sort of like the fact that it is all steel as well. Has any body used this bullet in a Lever gun? I have an old Winchester Oliver F in 38-55 which shoots .379 commercial hard cast 245 grain bullets very nicely. I understand this mold (saeco)casts a tapered bullet. Not concerned about lube issues and sizing as I plan to tumble lube. Again my limited understanding of this style of bullet is that it is is mainly suited for single shots and blackpowder usage. Just wondering if bullet will cycle and feed in a lever configuration. Rifle is mainly used for paper punching and silhouette purposes. Brass is Starline.Thanks.

JFE
01-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Thats a good price for that mould and worth buying to try it out. I can't comment from experience on the tapered design but larger sized, parallel sided bullets have difficulty chambering in modern 38/55 Winchesters, so being tapered it could be a good bullet for your rifle.

If you buy it and don't like it, give me a shout and I'll buy it off you.