PDA

View Full Version : CPA rifle and company opinions?

2ndAmendmentNut
01-19-2014, 02:02 PM
I have been wanting a really nice single shot for a while now and have been saving up for a Shiloh. I recently stumbled across the CPA website and really liked what I saw. I prefer the look of the Stevens 44-1/2 and they also offer lots of cool calibers including the 357Max. Their website also claims a turn around time of 4 months with an additional 2 months for finished wood and special items. I am just looking for general opinions and reviews regarding the quality of CPA as a company. Also how are the rifles they produce?

451 Pete
01-19-2014, 02:43 PM
CPA is a good company and make quality products. I have owned a model 47 in one of their rifles in a 45-70 for black powder silhouette. The case coloring on the receiver's is excellent and the wood they supply is usually better than what you would expect for the grade you are ordering.

Pete

country gent
01-19-2014, 04:26 PM
I am down to a couple weeks on my CPA Shillouette model now. Talked to Gaile thursday and ironed out a few final details. She e-mailed me a couple pics of the buttstock. What a piece of walnut that is.I can say its been a joy and my pleasure doing buisness with them and dealing with them on this project. Rifle is the shillouette model 40-65 win caliber, 30" tapered octagon barrel fancy grade walnut. Nieder buttplate, drilled and tapped for malcomn scope ( MVA), and mid range soule rear and globe front. As I said they are great to do buisness with so far.

rbertalotto
01-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Fantastic rifles and fantastic people. They reworked an original Stevens 44 1/2 I have and it is one accurate rifle.

Go to the ASSRA forum and see what they have to say. All good.

John Allen
01-19-2014, 05:14 PM
CPA makes some really nice products I know a couple of people that have them and everyone of them is very satisfied.

nekshot
01-19-2014, 06:27 PM
The only thing keeping me from ordering a rifle from them is my shortage of money. I have watched their products for a while and all I hear is satisfied customers.

Tatume
01-19-2014, 07:55 PM
+1 for satisfied customers. My CPA Stevens 44-1/2 in 45-70 is wonderful. It's pretty, but pretty is as pretty does, and it shoots great! It has a part round barrel and the complete rifle with sights weighs 9.4 pounds. For my birthday this year my wife is ordering another barrel in 348 Winchester. This one will be a lightweight barrel, probably all round and tapered. I'm really looking forward to shooting it and hunting with it.

wch
01-19-2014, 08:29 PM
I own one receiver and two (one centerfire and one rimfire) breech blocks with barrels in 22 Hornet, 32-20 WCF and 22 LR; accuracy is exceptional and their service and products are unbeatable.
Gail and her father, Paul, are shooters that compete regularly and can offer excellent and pertinent advice if you have a question or a problem with one of their rifles.

Idaho Sharpshooter
01-27-2014, 12:44 PM
I have one, a two-barrel factory set, and an add on by Steve Rhodes.

The factory set is in 40-65, and 22lr. Steve added the 45-70 barrel.

I really enjoy it, but am selling it to finance a new Shiloh M77. I own other Sharps, and they simply handle too differently for my muscle memory to switch.

It also has an MVA 2300 scope. If you are interested, I would make you a very good deal.

Rich

2ndAmendmentNut
01-27-2014, 01:02 PM
PM sent...

Idaho Sharpshooter
01-29-2014, 02:40 AM
SPF to the gentleman from Texas...

uscra112
01-29-2014, 03:06 AM
The Stevens 44 1/2 is the pinnacle of 19th century single-shot design. Light, compact, strong enough that Ned Roberts used one to develop his namesake .257 cartridge. CPA builds them with modern steels and machining techniques, so a CPA is an even better rifle than an original. I just wish I could afford one. (I do have four originals, none of which are anything to write home about.)