PDA

View Full Version : M95 Steyrs at SOG bought 5 ??

gregg
12-06-2007, 06:43 PM
SOG has Steyr 95s on sale for $84.99.$99 with bayonet. Yes i paid the $10 hand pick
fee. Was told up front they did not check bores.
All have been rebuilt. Only one with matching Numbers.
All dark bores. Two had really dark and wore bores. Sending
the two worn bores back. They were very good about returns.
We will see where it goes from here.
Wished when they rate them good to very good they list dark bores?
Don't seem to be that hard to do? Dark bores would not be a good to very good
rifle does it?
I'm a big boy I expext this stuff.

Shiloh
12-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Too bad about them not checking bores.

All of the rifles I've seen from SOG were good value with acceptable bores or better. I just assumed that they kind of looked them over. Thanks for the info.

Shiloh

Ivantherussian03
12-07-2007, 12:28 AM
The prices are good, and no shipping fees are attached.

buyer beware

Buckshot
12-07-2007, 05:51 AM
...........Heck, if they said they didn't check the bores I'm surprised they'd take them back! There are no flies on that action. Well I'll qualify that and say there wouldn't be if you could buy exractors :-). I bought another M95/31 expressly for conversion. I turned another one that had a sorry barrel into a 30-40 Krag and it's an outstanding shooter. Accurate, smooth, and I don't feel bad about loading it a bit beyond book Krag loads.

The second one may be converted to 7.62x53R Rooski, or if I feel real frisky about dealing with possible feed issues, 444 Marlin, 38-55, or 30-30. Beats the crap outta sitting like the RCA dog in front of the boob toob!

..............Buckshot

KCSO
12-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Buckshot
444 Marlin is no problem, I use 444 brass with shot loads and a wooden bullet in my 410 conversion. This feeds perfect from the en block magazine. (clip) I've been thinking about doing another one in 444 myself.

Ricochet
12-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Personally, I think it's unfair to expect them to take them back if they say up front they don't check them. You pay your money and you take your chance.

gregg
12-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Personally, I think it's unfair to expect them to take them back if they say up front they don't check them. You pay your money and you take your chance.
I checked that out real close before I ordered them. Was told we don't check bores but if for any reason your not happy we will take them back AND PAY THE SHIPPING. So I guess they figer they will take there chances also? I told them before hand what I expected for a good very good rifle.
They had no problems selling me these. Even the three I'm keeping I don't know if a guy can make a cast bullet shooter out of them . They are dark and ruff. One not to bad maybe???? Like I said we had a long talk before the order and they were very nice when i called to send two back. Just a heads up for you boys and girls. I have done searchs here for cast bullet information and see its a hard ruff road to try to get one to shoot cast. Luck of the draw thing. Going to start another post on some interresting cheap bullets I found for the M95s
Yes i would order from them again.

Ricochet
12-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah, if they say that, they're willing to take their chances too. :-D

mag_01
12-07-2007, 11:02 PM
:coffee: ---- Ive had good luck with SOG and they do pay the shipping on returns. --- Mag_01