PDA

View Full Version : Sight Mark Mini Shot Reflex Sight HELP !

Randy C
01-19-2014, 09:32 AM
My Wife bought this sight for my old 22 but It don't have the right mounts. What do I need, different sights or an adapter to fit on my old Browning straight pull 22, I'm trying to use Sight mark Mini Shot Reflex Sight with weaver base, There to large for my 22. I look on there website and they make one with a dove tail base, what would be the best way to fix this?
Thanks Randy C

93956 93957

Silverboolit
01-19-2014, 06:15 PM
You may find an adapter at one of the airgun sites. Pyramid air would be my first call. They may have something that would work.

Randy C
01-19-2014, 10:23 PM
I went to town today.
Scheels is calling them tomorrow to see if they have one in a dove tail base, that's what the mount grooves are called on my 22LR. They had a rail that I could of used but if I can get the right sight that is what I will do, it will keep the sight at the same height as the old one. We have raccoons skunks and coyotes come on the porch or in the yard at night or early in the morning and it is dark they dart of between the cars and back behind the garages to get to the shelter belt of trees we have around the house, We thought this style of sight would be easier to put on target in low light or at night we have a yard light so if you can see them I think she will shoot more of them.
Thanks
Randy C

RED333
01-19-2014, 10:37 PM
Randy, be careful, my wife shot my old truck 3 feet up the door trying to get a rabbit.LOL
The window was up at the time, truck now has "street cred".
She was new to shooting and had not shot a rifle with a scope much.
She is much better now.

Try to get the site out on the rifle as far as posable for a better site radius.

Randy C
01-20-2014, 05:21 AM
Is it better to be lower or higher up for that kind of sight? when you say forward, do you mean in front of the bolt?

RED333
01-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Is it better to be lower or higher up for that kind of sight? when you say forward, do you mean in front of the bolt?

Well as with most sites, the lower the better, and yes, in front of the bolt.

Randy C
01-20-2014, 10:01 PM
I will have to put a small rail on so the sight will fit for now, that's what they are telling me.
Thanks I will have to see if it will fit in front of the bolt It will be Friday before I get to go back I'm working long hr.'s up at 2:30 am home by 8:00 pm if I'm lucky.

Randy C
01-24-2014, 03:41 PM
I put it on for a test run but I'm going to cut it down, does it matter which way the rail is put on I have it the opposite of what I've seen in pictures. This is fun to shoot my target was between 35 to 40 yards and I was standing and rested my hand against a post on the porch.
This was my sight in target it took me a couple shots before I got to the center of the target

94471 94472 94473

RED333
01-25-2014, 01:13 PM
Looks good Randy

Randy C
01-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the help.
Randy C