PDA

View Full Version : why would anyone do this

Lloyd Smale
12-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Ive been trying to find one of these for a couple years and this guy takes a fricking gouge to this one!!! http://www.gunsamerica.com/976982041/Guns/Rifles/Marlin-Rifles/Modern/Lever-Action/1895_LTD_IV_45_70_CUSTOM_LEVER.htm

pumpguy
12-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Because he is a moron.

Dale53
12-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Now fellers, don't be so hard on the guy. Actually, the work looks well done, if you like that sort of thing. I expecially like the forend treatment.

I wouldn't throw it out with the trash, if I found it on my front door step...

Dale53

Lloyd Smale
12-06-2007, 03:04 PM
not the whole thing anyway. im sorry though but that stock would be kindling for the wood stove.

BABore
12-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Oh come on Lloyd! He's probably the same type of guy as the one that did this to his wheelers.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,124996.0.html

[smilie=1:

KCSO
12-06-2007, 06:02 PM
I't's sure better than welding a 1/4" bolt to a mauser for a bolt handle, and I've seen that done. Hey it was what the OWNER wanted, now he's gone and someone else will have the gun. How many times I have seen a gun come in with the owners name tatooed on the frame and then yo try and sell it... This is called opportunity to get a gun cheap. Names can be erased and stocks changed.

Halfbreed
12-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Looks like a beautiful and well done piece to me, not your cup of tea? Then stop looking at it. Not everyone likes scrimshaw or carvings on stocks. But according to the artists doing it, apparently there are enough who do, to keep them in business.
John

Lloyd Smale
12-06-2007, 07:34 PM
and if you dont like my post you didnt have to give your opinion either. Last i heard it was my right to look and my right to form an opinion and express it. Just like its yours.
Looks like a beautiful and well done piece to me, not your cup of tea? Then stop looking at it. Not everyone likes scrimshaw or carvings on stocks. But according to the artists doing it, apparently there are enough who do, to keep them in business.
John

Buckshot
12-07-2007, 05:41 AM
............I can see someone doing that to a rifle. We all have our own ideas about what is right and wrong. Or better said, what we think is appropriate. To me I'd go with the action job and maybe the new buttplate if I planned on shooting it very much.

Stuff comes and goes. Lets all not forget those radical and whacked out looking Winslow Sporters that carried the "California" styling to the limit :-) SOMEBODY bought enough of those things to keep them in business for some time.

On the rifle in question however, I'd discount anything I couldn't see, and didn't care for.

................Buckshot

junkbug
12-07-2007, 03:34 PM
If you decided that you had to have it (just because you might not find another for a long time), a new set of wood is still available easily enough.

With any luck, you could auction that unwanted wood set off on Flea-Bay, AuctionArms, or Gunbroker, and come close to breaking even. Maybe even turn a profit if the moon is right.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Sean