PDA

View Full Version : Lucky scale find

Pablo 5959
01-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Hello all,
I don't want to brag, just a little excited.
I went to a job today to check on a crew working on a building a pharmaceutical company moved out of.
The demo crews are ripping out all kinds of equipment.
I spotted this scale sitting on a pile of stuff to save. So I asked if they would miss this. Foremen said go for it.
http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u543/Pablo5959/image_zps2ce31653.jpg (http://s1321.photobucket.com/user/Pablo5959/media/image_zps2ce31653.jpg.html)
Looked it up on line, from a dealer it goes for 2300.
All metal construction.
My Harbor Freight scale is not going to get much use from now on. :drinks:

Pablo 5959
01-17-2014, 10:41 PM
I guess I should have put the post in the casting equipment section. Not reloading equipment.
I'll get it right someday.
Pablo:oops:

bangerjim
01-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Does it read in tenths of GRAINS? That is what we really care about.......not grams, which is what most of those MT scales read in. I have several of them and they are good for weighing anything except boolits and powder!

If grains, good find.

bangerjim

salpal48
01-17-2014, 11:57 PM
The Mettler scale Is one of the top in that field. I use Gram scales a lot . I found using it to convert Drams to Grams with Black or substitutes work great. You can also calibrate Lee dippers. If you Zero it out with a Pan similar to Rcbs or Lyman It would be Very benificial.

MTtimberline
01-18-2014, 12:47 AM
Good find! I been thinking of keeping an eye out for a scale good enough for making alloy and lube recipes. Can't imagine anyone would have powder charges come to mind upon seeing that size of scale though.

Pablo 5959
01-18-2014, 02:16 AM
Good find! I been thinking of keeping an eye out for a scale good enough for making alloy and lube recipes. Can't imagine anyone would have powder charges come to mind upon seeing that size of scale though.

Some of you guys are correct, I grabbed this one for casting and alloy. I use a Jewlers scale for powder.
Pablo

bangerjim
01-18-2014, 02:46 AM

Who knows what some will try to do!

I DO have a scale of this size that reads 0.1grains resolution...........so PLEASE..........DO use your imagination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just making sure he knew what the capabilities of it were.

banger