PDA

View Full Version : Need 25 Rem and 30 Rem and 32 Rem case info

GRUMPA
01-17-2014, 09:47 PM
A thread got me to thinking (Dangerous I know) and here I am coming up with ways to make those based on this thread.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?225867-How-to-make-30-Remington-brass-from-30-30-win

I was trying to obtain info from SAAMI but I guess it's outdated or something because I'm not finding it. So if someone wouldn't mind could anyone out there provide links to the case dimensions on those. Right now I'm still on the hunt for gauges for those, not getting to far without case gauges.

There was a request for some 25 Rem cases in the S&S section.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?227250-WTB-WTT-I-need-some-25Rem-brass!

I wrote a response and gave him a link to where Midway has them but for just under $2ea that starts to get ludicrous.

I basically want to research this and possibly make them available in the near future. Provided I can get enough of the parent case(s) at a good price, seems everyone is out of them no matter who I check.

DeanWinchester
01-17-2014, 09:52 PM
You start making 35 Remington brass, you gonna make a lot of folks VERY happy. Myself included.
Put me down for a box full when/if you get this going.

Baron von Trollwhack
01-17-2014, 10:08 PM
The 25, 30, and 32 R rimless cases are virtually in the same relationship as the 25, 30, and 32 WCF cases. I can send you a few 32 Remingtons and dimensional data from the "Handloaders Manuall of Cartridge Conversions by Donnelly. Let me know. That should help help.

Over time I've seen numbers of posters here advise about forming 35 Remington cases, and dies are available.

BvT

GRUMPA
01-17-2014, 10:29 PM
You start making 35 Remington brass, you gonna make a lot of folks VERY happy. Myself included.
Put me down for a box full when/if you get this going.

Well I hate to burst your bubble but I was supposed to have 32 Rem in there and not 35 Rem. I'll see if I could have one of the Mod's change that for me.

GRUMPA
01-17-2014, 10:36 PM
BvT, I have the same book but....they don't give you dimensions on the extractor groove diameter. Or for that matter the angle either, the book doesn't have things that a person like me just needs to know. It's 1 thing to have certain dimensions but I want them all or as many as I can get. Then another issue pops up, gauges.....really important to have those so a person can be in control of the gauge dimension on the newly formed shoulder angle.

The wife is getting kinda a kick out of this, she's researching lathes that can handle the job (with my guidance) and can work off of our solar array. That part is where there's something most folks just can't comprehend because they don't have to live with the restraints of living on solar.

But the frugal person the wife is (bless her heart) she keeps nagging me on those el-cheapo HF units and I look at the ones that are double the cost but can do more. The 1 thing that turns me off right from the get go is plastic gears, that just gives me the willy's just thinking about it.

DeanWinchester
01-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Well I hate to burst your bubble but I was supposed to have 32 Rem in there and not 35 Rem. I'll see if I could have one of the Mod's change that for me.

:(:(:(:(:(

starmac
01-17-2014, 11:43 PM
grumpa, If it would help. I can size one of each and mail them to you. I know for sure I have 25 and 30, but I think I have some 32 too.

Idaho Sharpshooter
01-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Isn't this the gunsmithing forum...?

GRUMPA
01-18-2014, 10:33 AM
grumpa, If it would help. I can size one of each and mail them to you. I know for sure I have 25 and 30, but I think I have some 32 too.

Starmac, I'll keep that in mind but right off the top of my head I would want them unsized so I can take measurements. I'll be able to size them once I get the die for them, and I'll base the gauges I have to make from the unsized cases.

Isn't this the gunsmithing forum...?

Your right it is and if you know of a better place to put this thread please feel free to speak up and tell us.

texassako
01-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Dimensions for the bottom half should be the same as 6.8 SPC since 30 rem is the parent. Probably the reason Remington does a seasonal run in normal times. I have all 3 packed away, but can pull them out if you need samples or measurements. 10mm and 40 S&W should have the same base and extractor groove as well I think.

oneokie
01-18-2014, 10:54 AM
You may want to look on "Steve's Pages" for dimensions, if that site is still up.

starmac
01-18-2014, 01:43 PM
I am pretty sure I still have some new 30 rem brass that I have not sized yet, if one of those would help. I may have a 25 and or 32 that has been fired but unsized.

EDG
01-18-2014, 03:35 PM
The current SAAMI standards have both 30 Rem and 32 Rem drawings but no 25 Rem.

here is the link for centerfire rifle - you need a fast connection because the PDF is 240 pages

http://www.saami.org/specifications_and_information/publications/download/206.pdf

GRUMPA
01-20-2014, 12:51 PM
Thanks so much for the link, I wonder why I couldn't find that. That's just the into I need and that's what the limits are. Now I need to hunt for the 25Rem dimensions but I'm sure they're close to the same but just want to be sure before I start making the tooling for it.

MarkP
01-20-2014, 01:42 PM
I have an printed SAAMI book from the early 80's; I will look whan I get home tonight