PDA

View Full Version : JACKPOT! in the mailbox today.

Chuck26287
01-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Wow... talk about a plan coming together. Opened the mailbox today to find my new mold from Tom at Accurate Molds, my new sizing dies and punch w/nuts from Chris at LatheSmith, the 6 pounds of tin wire pieces ordered from RotoMetals so I can try to improve my WW alloy, and a box of a couple hundred SAECO 200 gr #069 LSWC bullets sent to me by OldCaster. I think I'm ready for the weekend!

Wanted to publicly thank Bill (OldCaster) for sending the SEACO #069's. He took the time to cast and send them to allow me to include them in a test/comparison with an original H&G 68 mold, the Accurate #45-200H, the RCBS 45-201-SWC, and a LEE #90310. Couldn't afford a SAECO mold right now, so he removed that obstacle for me. Thanks, Bill!

Also had a couple of other members who offered up some H&G 68's, but I got my hands on a mold, so I didn't need their bullets. But, it's a fine forum where the members offer things to others just to help.

Now, just gotta do some more casting, sizing, and test shooting. Looking particulary forward to developing a new load for my Dad's .32 S&W Long Walther GSP.

rintinglen
01-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Your mailbox is lot more cast friendly than mine.

Chuck26287
01-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Your mailbox is lot more cast friendly than mine.

Not so sure I can say the same about my mailman... Stuff was kinda heavy.