PDA

View Full Version : Revolver theropy

bigted
01-16-2014, 08:20 PM
just got home from a month long helping my dad as he had a triple bypass heart surgery. the 80 year old feller did very well and the recovery is going extremely well so im back up north and trying to settle down over the stress and lack of sleep.

oh what to do to settle the nerves ???

well my mind fell on my 36 cal C&B revolvers so i snapped the nipples with caps and settled in to load both the colt and the peitta. 22 grains powder in each hole covered by a snazzy round ball and covered with crisco ... capped them both and outside in the snow storm i went.

man what the doctor ordered could not have been any sweeter. nothing over the top special however ... the stress just evaporated and the world came back into focus again. with each puff of smoke and smack of the ball into the rock bank my nerves began to settle down and my breath came better with each sniff of that special odor. what fun. even inna a snow storm. may just have to do it over again tomorrow.

labradigger1
01-16-2014, 08:21 PM
I get that, for me its a ruger srh with super hot 44 mags, oh how it calms the nerves.
lab

CastingFool
01-16-2014, 08:47 PM
Years ago, I used to go shoot skeet every saturday. At the time, I could only afford to shoot 2 rounds, but as I shot, I could feel all the stress from the previous week just washing away.

Fly
01-16-2014, 10:27 PM
We all think a like, so we must all be crazy, (WINK)

Fly

Freightman
01-17-2014, 03:05 PM
the problems of the world could be solved by shooting BP :Fire:

johnson1942
01-17-2014, 06:10 PM
when my son who is now a minister was 11 years old he came to me tensed up and said, dad i just got to kill something, bad day at school. we went rabbit hunting and he did. was good therapy then as now, even if you just kill rocks, dirt clumps, frozen cow pies or road apples. it works, thanks ted for the post and the memory.

Captain*Kirk
01-18-2014, 01:53 AM
Yeah, Ted...nothing like a dose of the Holy Black and a snootful of smoke to make the world go away. Thanks for reminding us!

tacotime
01-28-2014, 02:16 PM
Well done.

bigted
02-02-2014, 04:14 AM
still at it. i go inside to load in the house and then scamper outside to shoot. i have an 1860 army that i got a shoulderstock for and that hummer makes me look like a hero ill tell ya.

i also purchased a small gong that will take the 36's all day long but when i shoot the 44 it shoves it back in the snow and then i gotta go set it up again.

at any rate... this winter is the strangest in memories so this revolver smoke in the yard is still doing me rite and taking my breath away with smooth smells and happy recoil in hand.

rhbrink
02-02-2014, 08:18 AM
It is amazing how much better that I feel after a day shooting my blackpowder guns. I tend to make a day of it as I have to drive to a range to shoot not far about 25 miles. Maybe it's the fact that you have to pay so much attention to what you are doing that you are totally focused on the task at hand and then reading the wind and light and trying to make that perfect shot that the rest of the word just goes away. By the time I get everything pretty much cleaned up for the trip home I tired but happy and my soul and is rested.

Richard

Boz330
02-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Back in the winter of 76-77 I had one of the Colt 1851 Navys. At the end of January we had a warm up to near 30* after almost a month of single digits and below 0 weather. I headed out into the woods with that little C&B Colt and had a ball just shooting icicles that hung from the rock banks along the creek. I was hoping for a squirrel or rabbit for the pot but they seemed to be holed up that day. Still a lot fun and a break from cabin fever. After all of the really cold weather for our area it felt like spring.

Bob