PDA

View Full Version : Load data for Hodgdon "Arro-Wads" Anyone?

yobohadi
01-15-2014, 09:48 PM
I have a couple bags of Green 12 gauge Hodgdon Arro-Wads I picked up with a used MEC loader and am having a tough time finding any load data. The little info I have found via Google is they were around in the 60s-70s and they list a load in the "Load Data" website where they want you to pay to see the data, which looks like HS-7 powder anyway and that would be tough to find. Does anyone have an old Lyman shotshell reloading manual or Hodgdon or any other from the 60s-70s that lists a load with these green Hodgdon Arro-Wads?

I know this is in the Casting for Shotguns forum, but I was hoping someone would have a manual that listed a load. If I am in the wrong forum feel free to delete this or move it Mods.

Thanks.

Hogtamer
01-16-2014, 07:08 AM
'72 add, apparently for tapered hulls.....sometimes the old ones become brittle if exposed to uv.

Box13
01-18-2014, 06:12 PM
The Lyman 2nd edition lists white and green Arro-Wads.Only 2 listings for the white...hs-5 and hs-7.Only one listing for the green wad using X58,a powder Ive never heard of.They look very similar to CIL wads,part# C-112.Arro-wads were made for AA hulls and similar according to the book.I might have more info in one other book that I cant find at the moment...Robin

yobohadi
01-20-2014, 01:40 AM
Wow, look at that Hodgdon primers at the bottom of that ad, pretty cool.

I was hoping to find a recipe with powder that is still available, but I guess that is probably why these wads have not been used up. Oh well, I guess if I find some old x58 powder at a yard sale I will be golden. If you do find that book Robin I would be very interested to hear if it does have any Arro-wad loads in it. Thanks!