PDA

View Full Version : Making a 7600 stock quick-detach so that I can take it on the mota ciccle

Four Fingers of Death
12-05-2007, 05:21 AM
Can this be done? I have a 308 Police model. Would it be easier with an after market pistol grip stock? With the stock off it will fit in a duffle bag accross the back of the bike, makes for real cheap trips

45 2.1
12-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Can this be done? I have a 308 Police model. Would it be easier with an after market pistol grip stock? With the stock off it will fit in a duffle bag accross the back of the bike, makes for real cheap trips

I don't know if this would work, but Remington has folding stocks (or an aftermarket maker) for their shotguns. Perhaps that would solve your problem.

Four Fingers of Death
12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
The reciever on the rifle is the same as a the 870 I believe (sure looks the same), but i don't know if they'd be legal in oz! I'll check it out. Where I hunt Sambar, you run into rangers all the time, probably be a negative attention getting device.

Mk42gunner
12-05-2007, 06:36 PM
The receiver is supposed to be the same as the smaller (28 Guage?) frame 870. I don't know offhand if anyone makes a folding stock for them.

If you are doing this for ease of transporting only, why not just take the stock off?

Robert

Four Fingers of Death
12-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Taking the stock off was my first thought, but befor eI started attacking the good looking Remington gel (looks like) pad I thought I'd ask around. Probably an allen bolt and an allen key welded to a long T piece through a small hole in the stock would be the way to go.

redneckdan
12-10-2007, 03:03 PM
I have a scabbard that lives on my bike. First one was leather but that really took a beating, I made one out of 1000D cordura that works well. If it was american iron I would have found a way to make the leather work, but since its a Hondy and I already have nylon bags for the it, that nylon scabbard works good. The only down side is the stock gets spattered with bugs. The up side that people give me a full lane and then some while passing.[smilie=1:

MT Gianni
12-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Dan, how about making a golf bag type cover with a couple of snaps to protect the stocks. Gianni

quasi
12-13-2007, 02:00 AM
A folding stock for a 20 guage 870 will work.