PDA

View Full Version : New pistol CZ75 clone

tomme boy
01-15-2014, 06:55 PM
I have been looking to get a new pistol for a while now. I used to have a CZ75B a few years ago. I loved that pistol. Today I was at a local store to see if they had any powder. I walked over to where the pistols were at and seen a polymer pistol that looked like the cz75. I picked it up and looked it over. It felt very good in the hand. It is a little thinner than the cz in the grip. Had a 16 round magazine. It comes apart the same as the cz. Trigger feels ok. It is the same SA/DA trigger. The barrel and the recoil guide rod is hard chrome plated. It should last a very long time.

I had to have it. $315 out the door. It is imported by EAA from Turkey and is the SAR Arms. I won't be able to get out to shoot it for a few days. When I got home, I slugged the barrel and it measured 0.3557" Perfect! I am going to try the Lee 120 TC with 3.7grs of Bullseye. I am going to try the 0.357" sizer first. That should seal the bore up.

Here is a pic of it next to a Browning Hi Power for size.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/tommeboy/101_0360_zpse7734f75.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tommeboy/media/101_0360_zpse7734f75.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/tommeboy/101_0361_zps59224ad8.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tommeboy/media/101_0361_zps59224ad8.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/tommeboy/101_0358_zps7df55a1c.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tommeboy/media/101_0358_zps7df55a1c.jpg.html)

c1skout
01-15-2014, 08:44 PM
Looks good! Are the cutouts on the bottom of the grip for pulling the mag out?

tomme boy
01-15-2014, 09:23 PM
Yes they are

Lonegun1894
01-17-2014, 01:48 AM
I used to have a EAA .45 ACP Compact with the steel frame. Yours is the same design except looks like a polymer frame (?), and if so, you should have a great gun there. Mine served me very well, and always shot great.

jonp
01-17-2014, 10:34 AM
I've owned a couple of EAA Witness pistols. My first was the Compact Poly 45ACP when the frames were still a true compact. I found them to be great guns and reliable. The beauty of these is that you can order slides/barrels in several calibers and use the same frame. One frame/several guns although I am not sure about if this will work with the SAR guns. They appear identical to the Tanfaglio's to me so probably will but I didn't get a good answer from the dealer on this at the last gunshow I was at. He just said he thought so but could not guarantee it. This was not a deal breaker if I was in the market for one caliber though.
I still recommend this gun to people that are asking for a cheaper, good quality auto as a first weapon if I can't talk them out of a snub revolver.

FergusonTO35
01-17-2014, 03:43 PM
I think Armscor is now making a license built TZ-75 of their own. Centerfire had a bunch of them for $300.00 or so awhile back.

tomme boy
01-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Well I took it out for a very quick run today. I fired two mags through it and it functioned perfect. Shot a little low at 10 yards. Grouped pretty good.

Now the bad. It leaded up the barrel a little on the two mags. It cleaned up fairly quick, but it was leaded. I pulled a couple of rounds apart and they were still sized at 0.357" so the cases are not sizing them down when seating them. My alloy runs about 17 for hardness. I water drop all of my boolits. It is easier for me to water drop them. Does anyone think maybe soften them up a little might help? Or maybe up the powder charge a little because of them being hard? The lube I am using is NRA 50/50. I have other powders to try as well. 231, imr7625, tightgroup, red dot, unique, hs6.

Lonegun1894
01-17-2014, 09:59 PM
You didn't say what powder or how much you used, but adding more will further lower the point of impact.

tomme boy
01-17-2014, 10:28 PM
It's in the first post. 3.7 grs of bullseye.

Lonegun1894
01-17-2014, 11:48 PM
Thank you Tomme Boy. I completely missed that. In that case, I would try Unique next, just because it is a little bit slower burning so will have a different pressure curve. I know I have tried some loads with Red Dot and Bulls Eye both that leaded, but then going to Unique, at the same velocities or at least very similar, the Unique tended to give less leading. Since the OP listed Unique as one of the ones he has, I would go with that next.

Piedmont
01-18-2014, 01:19 AM
I would shoot it for a while and clean well after every shooting down to the bare metal. Finish with some JB bore cleaner which has a mild abrasive and would shoot a few factory jacketed in it if you have them. If it doesn't start coming around, slug the barrel. Guns often have to wear in and that includes the barrel.

I think a softer alloy will only help if your boolits are too small for the gun.

tomme boy
01-18-2014, 02:52 AM
Already slugged it. 0.3557" The barrel is hard chromed, so I don't think there is going to be any wearing in.

tomme boy
01-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Well I went out today and shot off a little over 100 rounds. I first shot 50 rounds with 3.9 grs. of imr7625. They shot ok. I used mixed brass for this test. It was mainly for function. The boolits were sized 0.358" this time also. I also backed off the crimp a little as the rounds just fall into the chamber. I think I could use a 0.359" if I had to. The round still fit loose in the chamber. It still leaded a little. It is all the way down the bore.

The second test was to check the 3.7 grs. if bullseye again with all WIN cases. I kept 32 rds in a 2.5" circle at 12 yards. This was just resting my hand on the bench. It never leaded any worse than it was before. I ended up shooting 16 rounds of jacketed through it to wipe out the barrel and maybe break any edges. I don't think they will with the hard chrome bore. But it can't hurt.

Anyone have any ideas???????

historicfirearms
01-20-2014, 08:47 AM
I had an old Beretta that had a .360 bore but would only chamber a .358 boolit. I got it to shoot with gas checked boolits. I don't think that is your problem, but you might give gas checks a try. Also have had good luck with Unique in the 9mm, got leading with other powders and not with Unique.

jonp
01-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Does the Witness have Polygonal Rifling. Some of the EAA Witnesses do I think. I am curious about your gun, though. Is this new? The reason I ask is that I though all of the poly framed ones have the rail now which I don't like.

GabbyM
01-20-2014, 10:37 AM
That is the conventional grease grove Lee bullet? Not the micro grove?

IMHO if it won't shoot over 4.5 grins of Unique you need to look someplace besides a different powder.
I prefer to load my 9x19mm to a COL where the bullet is hitting the rifling setting the head space that way. Bullet diameter must fit up into the throat to do this. Always seamed like a good idea to me to have at least some of the front band behind that TC shoulder started up into the throat. Others seat them with the shoulder right at the case mouth. So they will feed in anything.

tomme boy
01-20-2014, 01:08 PM
It has standard ballard rifling. The gun is imported by EAA but is made in Turkey by SAR Arms. The Witness is made in Italy and imported by EAA also.

I have a 1/2 lb of unique left. None of the shops around here have had it for over 6 months. I have 5 lbs of bullseye and 4 lbs of 7625. For now I would like to stick with these.

jonp
01-20-2014, 08:13 PM
It has standard ballard rifling. The gun is imported by EAA but is made in Turkey by SAR Arms. The Witness is made in Italy and imported by EAA also.

I have a 1/2 lb of unique left. None of the shops around here have had it for over 6 months. I have 5 lbs of bullseye and 4 lbs of 7625. For now I would like to stick with these.
yes one is SAR and onevis Tanfaglio. The Tanfaglio's are nice