PDA

View Full Version : Nam Action Suspened-41 years ago

Ramar
01-15-2014, 05:19 AM
I guess we all remember it differently; where we were and what we were doing and who we were with. Most important is that we remember....
Ramar

DIRT Farmer
01-15-2014, 08:30 AM
Yes to many of us touched by 'Nam. To many of us lost friends there and after they came home.

Charlie Two Tracks
01-15-2014, 09:05 AM
That was a long time ago. I was driving down the middle of our little town when I heard it was over............ I got really mad and drunk that night. I was glad it was over but it seemed such a waste..... I'm going to stop thinking about that right now........

TheCelt
01-15-2014, 12:51 PM
Charlie Daniels sings a song called "Still in Siagon", brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. It may have been a long time ago, but sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday to me..........

shdwlkr
01-15-2014, 01:59 PM
A close friend of mine went there I went elsewhere in the military we hardly speak anymore. The time changed us him because of physical and mental issues, me because of what I was willing to do for my country. Yes many friends and a few that were not and even family were taken by that action that politicians thought they could run a war better than real military individuals. The really sad part is they are still doing it.

I spent over two more years in the military after things settled down, sort of anyways.

captbligh
01-15-2014, 07:56 PM
I was rolling in on a supply cache south of the DMZ and dropping CBU on a AAA site that was trying to hit my flight lead just as the sun was setting. My bombs may have been the last to fall on South Viet Nam from a USAF F-4 as we quit bombing at sunset. Got multiple secondary explosions as ammo for their gun kept cooking off. I guess they were getting ready to move out as soon as we quit.

wch
01-15-2014, 09:13 PM
I was driving through a small town in Louisiana when I heard; there was a church right there; it seemed a good time for prayer.

Recluse
01-15-2014, 11:45 PM
You guys trained me and you saved my *** more than once in a far away lands. Those of us who took the torch from you never forgot you or your heroic sacrifice.

This little two-minute video says it all.

Thank you for your service (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2L3skZ7FEw)

Welcome home, brothers and sisters.

:coffee:

redleg1013
01-15-2014, 11:57 PM
+1
Best LTC AND CSM I ever had did time in Nam, amazing the things I learned on their OpFor. Thank you all gents.

oscarflytyer
01-16-2014, 12:00 AM
First assignment was with a CW2 who had been a SP4 in Nam. Taught a young shavetail a TON! Here's to you, Rocky!

mikeym1a
01-16-2014, 12:31 AM
I left there. It really never left me. Beautiful sunsets from the NW guard post. The vivid greens, the beautiful young women. The regular people who just wanted a better life for their kids. And I also remember our politicians, who abandoned our allies in the field. So much wasted time, material, money and lives. Why fight if we're not going to win? But, still, we fight. And hope that our kids and grand-kids won't have to. mikey

10-x
01-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Read somewhere that when asked when were you in Vietnam, many say just last night. Hard to forget, never sorry for serving. Welcome home to all that were there.

DCP
01-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Some gave all

You will never be forgotten
Miss you Bob

ROBERT BRUCE CURRAN
http://vietnam-veterans.us/vnvmemorialwall/curran.html

Charlie Two Tracks
01-16-2014, 08:27 PM
Dang. He almost made it out. I got over there the 3rd of Sept. 1970