PDA

View Full Version : Good time to build a new rifle!

waksupi
01-15-2014, 02:23 AM
As some of you know, I build flintlock firearms. Looking at Track of the Wolf "Special" page, I found this item;

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/609/1/COLONIAL-LONGRIFLE-FLINT-PARTS-LIST

This is a darn good price to get some good parts, probably the best prices I've seen in ten years for quality parts.
I see no patch box is included for the price, but that is an inexpensive item to add on.

So, if you have ever considered a flint rifle, the time is ripe, and I am accepting orders at a very competitive price.

Taylor
01-15-2014, 08:28 AM
I would love to have a flint lock rifle,Tn mountain style,maybe 36 cal....alas...no money.

RU shooter
01-15-2014, 12:27 PM
I would love to have a flint lock rifle,Tn mountain style,maybe 36 cal....alas...no money.

That's what im gonna start tonight if my parts are delivered today from Track Lock ,stock and barrel and breach plug and u can make all the rest if your self if your semi handy with some files and a hammer and a drill and a few scraps of steel . But that parts set listed is a good deal if u are looking for that type of rifle.

Maven
01-15-2014, 03:22 PM
That IS a good price! Btw, if you're unaware of Waksupi's workmanship, it is excellent. He built a Chambers/Isaac Haines FL for me a few years ago and it is perfect!

Eddie2002
01-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Nice stuff, already built 2 flintlock pistols. I'm out of work so I have the time to put a nice flintlock together but just don't have the money.

johnson1942
01-18-2014, 12:45 AM
went through my parts bucket the other night. find i have everything to build a side lock precussion except the barrel and a block of wood. going ahead and build a easy to carry walkabout sidelock .45 cal rifle. ill get the wood first and sell a couple of items and get a barrel made by oregon barrel co. and soon their it is another rifle. your right, time to build another gun.