PDA

View Full Version : Differences in moulds.....

shredder
01-14-2014, 06:00 PM
I just finished unboxing and assembling my brand new NOE 5 cavity .360-200grainRCBS-FN and I am mighty impressed! This mould is like a fine piece of machinery, just lovely. No burrs no nothing just a super smooth sprue plate and pins that line up like a bank vault only with much less effort.

This mould is aluminum and came with a little bottle of sprue plate lube and a pair of adjustment wrenches for the mould. They are advertised and accepting Lee 6 cav handles with minor modifications. Not on mine. The mould slid into place perfectly, like a finely machined block of metal, which it is. Perfect.

My mould collection is at 12 and counting. I have a buch of Lee moulds and a bunch of Lyman. This NOE is my first "custom mould". I can't wait to cast up a bunch of new boolits and get shootin'! I bought this mould for my .35 Rem, should be a real deer thumper with the big flat nose.

I can't knock the big factories for their moulds, without them there would be no cast boolits for most of us. I just had to say how very impressed I was at the quality of the machining NOE does on thier moulds. Wow, just wow....

Hawkeye45
01-14-2014, 07:55 PM
You just can't beat Swede's products and service. First class all the way.
It is very refreshing.

Mr. Ed

rintinglen
01-15-2014, 01:01 PM
"I feel the need--for Swede."
I like his molds immensely. they are as good as any and better than most. I currently have have six of his molds and will surely end up with more. They are fine. I bought a 2 cavity 311-440 brass mold from him that is an absolute delight and one of my favorites.

shredder
01-16-2014, 08:45 AM
After having cast up a passel of boolits yesterday from my new 5 banger I can confirm that this mould is new and exciting territory for me, as far as ease of casting and production goes.

This will not be my last mould from NOE.