PDA

View Full Version : In Line Mold for T/C Omega/Impact

Powder Burn
01-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Among my arsenal, I have two T/C inlines that shoot Hornady 240 gr .451 jacketed and pure lead T/C Cheap Shots. I'm looking at buying a mold to cast my own for hollow point or flat from 240 gr to 300 gr. These will be shot out of sabots primarily for deer. I haven't seen anything out there so I'm hoping to get some info here.

Thanks for your help

Omnivore
01-14-2014, 02:19 PM
There are several flatpoints here in your caliber and weight range, designed specifically for use in sabots, but since every mold he sells is essentially a custom mold, you can dream up anything you want and have it built for the same price as a regular catalog item;
http://accuratemolds.com/catalog.php?page=7

He doesn't do hollowpoints, but you can get the mold ready-made for a pin and have the pin insert made elsewhere. Someone on this forum does that (makes the pins for you) last time I saw.

mooman76
01-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Some people here do some excellent work with paper patched bullets. You might want to consider that and drop the sabot all together.

Powder Burn
01-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Thanks guys. Great info. I think accurate molds has exactly what I want. Hadn't considered PP; I may have to give it a shot. 8-)

johnson1942
01-14-2014, 05:31 PM
ive tested paperpatch in my sons inline and they are very accurate and hard hitting. sabots are good and give the 250 grain to 300 grain bullets accracy and a lot of ft. per sec. however a 550 grain paperpatch is even way more hard hitting and just as accurate. you have to expect more recoil but a good pad can help that alot. a good inline has a lot of options.

FLINTNFIRE
01-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Any pistol mold in 451 or a little larger sized down will work for what you wanting as that was the purpose of sabots in muzzleloaders , to shoot a bullet of smaller diameter and different design then a minie or maxie ball or round ball , there are a lot of molds out there that are in that size and weight range that will work.