PDA

View Full Version : Anyone talk to NECG lately?

Whiterabbit
01-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Hi guys,

Ordered a custom front sight from NECG expecting a 4-6 week lead time, it's been 14 weeks and counting with no communication. Called them at 8 weeks, they said give it another month. They didn't answer the phone or email last week. I'll call tomorrow (just missed 'em today), but I'm not gonna hammer their phone or their email if there is something I should know that I don't.

is this SOP for NECG? has anyone talked to them or placed an order in the last 3 months? I ordered a barrel with a 19 week lead time at the same time and I think I'm gonna get my barrel first....

pietro
01-13-2014, 08:00 PM

That sounds like trouble to me - I've ordered from them several times in the past, but not very recently.

I hope they're not getting ready to do an el-foldo..............

Whiterabbit
01-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Forgot to mention, it's 45 degrees there today and will be till the end of the week, so they aren't frozen popsicles at the moment....

seaboltm
01-13-2014, 08:12 PM
I called them maybe a year or two ago with a missing spring spring and pin in a NECG front sight and was rewarded with fast service, free parts, and free shipping. So no, I think something is up. But it is hard to imagine they would go under. For some custom parts they are virtually the only provider in the country. My guess is they are making parts for some big order. I hope.

eck0313
01-13-2014, 08:25 PM
I've had superior customer service from them as well. I'm sure you hit them at a bad time. Also, some of their stuff is one-offs, or limited production items made in Europe. Lead (or wait) times can be substantial

Whiterabbit
01-13-2014, 08:29 PM
I ordered from the toy chest. Specifically said 4-6 weeks for lead time. But I'm certainly learning that a lot of our hobby is an "order it and wait 6 months" kind of deal.

I called in November. I don't think they said "ITAR" in particular, but in November they said they were waiting on an import or export license of some sort (I cannot recall which now) and were hoping to get it before the end of the year.

Thus the followup now that it is 2 weeks after the new year.

That make sense to anyone?

I ordered a custom masterpiece banded ramp.

Baron von Trollwhack
01-13-2014, 10:30 PM
I called them today to order a banded ramp FS insert listed as available. Turns out it was not and the order person said try again in a month. Midway had it $10 cheaper when I checked and I got a sent already notice an hour later.

There is going to be a day of reckoning for gun/ammo/parts suppliers if the 2ND A gets politically resolved soon in favor of FREEDOM. We will remember our friends.

BvT

Whiterabbit
01-14-2014, 02:03 AM
well hold up, I'm not going THAT far. Like I said, I missed the cutoff to call them today, clearly they were in the office. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. It's a long jump from delays, understandable or not, and not friends of 2A!

waksupi
01-14-2014, 02:51 AM
This is the slow period for just about every firearms manufacturer. Inventory is going on, and larger runs are being made of parts to stock up. I've went through enough delays with them, as to come to expect it. Anymore if I get a custom order in less than eight months from the promised date, I feel like I'm doing pretty good.

Whiterabbit
01-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Got a response now. I think it's because I call them first thing. Time change, that puts them at lunch. I called before I left for work, got through. Not shipped yet, they are hoping for another shipment in February.

Brutal wait times! It would be easier to swallow if they said 14-16 week lead rather than 4-6!

pietro
01-14-2014, 07:56 PM

JMO, but many "suppliers" are at the mercy of their vendors - moreso for vendors of speciality/one-off items, who've always taken their sweet time.

No wine, before it's time........... :D