PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Blackhawk and the Lee 200rf

c1skout
01-12-2014, 11:16 PM
I bought this mold on the recommendation of a few members here. It came in the mail yesterday so I cast up some boolits out of range scrap last night, tumble lubed, sized to .452, tumble lubed again, and loaded 40 today with some Accurate #2. I set my OAL by measuring some H&G 68 clones that I have on hand, then loading the shorter RF boolit so the base is near where it would be with the SWC. Makes for a compact looking cartridge and seats well in my Blackhawk cylinder (it seems to have short throats, my 230 ball and swc loads that I've used for years in other 45's sometimes need a bit of a push to chamber fully).
Hopefully I'll make it out to shoot them tomorrow.

c1skout
01-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Okay, I got out to do some shooting this morning. First try at 25yds from a rest, starting load of Accurate #2 (12 shots)

Next 12 shot string, again from 25yds, with a .3gn increase of powder.

Then I fired 6 of each at 1 target from the 25yd rest

I'm pretty happy so far! I ran the rest of these loads that I had through my 1911 with no trouble. I'm going to try #7 Accurate and see how this boolit works at a little over 1000fps, if it at least matches these loads that would be great, if not I'll be satisfied with this for now.