PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started

madmikes
01-12-2014, 06:49 PM
This is what I have .I need to know what I need.
1.Lee Breech lock Hand Press Kit
2.Rcbs Little Dandy Rotor Knob
3.Rcbs Advanced Powder Measure Stand
4.Rcbs Little Dandy Powder measure
5.Lee Safety Magnetic Powder Scale
What I would like to do is load 38Spec & 45 LC.Just for target practice.

Thanks

jmort
01-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Reloading manual, Modern Relodaing by Richard Lee and some carbide dies and priming tool, Ram Prime from Lee Precision. Powder like Unique and large and small pistol primers. Caliper to measure OAL.

01-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Reloading manuals will be your trusted friends. Buy at least two of them. If you plan on loading cast boolits, make one of the manuals either the 3rd or 4th edition of Lyman's Cast Bullet Handbook. Read through each till you completely understand all the safety aspects and each reloading step. Additionally, the reloading manuals will explain what equipment will be required.

The various powder and reloading equipment manufacturers publish free paper catalogues.

Ignore You Tube videos -- you haven't the experience to know who the dangerous fools are. Never trust an Internet obtained load without first confirming it with a reloading manual.

propwashp47
01-12-2014, 07:53 PM
a simple start is a good way to get the basics down pat then move on to bigger or better equipment, the list above and what you have now serve you well, and teach you most of what you will need . good luck.