PDA

View Full Version : fixture for lyman beam scale

edadmartin
01-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Im going to load some large flake powder using a beam scale and trickler, so I'm wondering what sort of fixture can be made so the plastic light weight scale wont move out of position. What have you all done ? pics would be great.

Catshooter
01-12-2014, 01:44 AM
edadmartin,

I'm sorry I have no pic for you. I drilled a hole on each end of my RCBS 1010 scale and then ran a screw down through them. Now I don't tighten them up, they are just there to keep me from knocking the scale off the shelf. I am highly skilled at knocking things over.

You could do the same and just run the screws in far enough to firm the scale up but not bend or torque it.

Welcome to the forum.

Cat

starmac
01-12-2014, 01:50 AM
Gees I have a lyman scale that is still in the box, I reckon I am going to have to dig it out to see if it is plastic.

edadmartin
01-12-2014, 05:57 PM
ok yea that will work. Maybe a flat board or piece of aluminum to keep it a flat surface every time, then the 2 screws or bolts and wing nuts.
I have some square dog holes in my bench so I could install matching dowels to the holes and then the whole thing could always set in the same spot, and I could stow it on a shelf when not in use what do you think?