PDA

View Full Version : Will this SSR work on a PID????

3jimbo3
01-11-2014, 09:47 PM
I am gathering parts for my PID controller. I am no way an electronics expert so I need to ask the experts for some guidance. I have found a lot of SSR's but I'm not sure which one to buy. The specs on one I have looked at are...

Output voltage: AC 24-380V
Output current: 40A
Input Voltage: DC 3-32V
Control Method: DC to AC

Will this one work? Or does anyone have a part number that I can use to order one?

Thanks for the help guys

el34
01-11-2014, 11:49 PM
Those are super-typical specs. Does it look like this one (with or without clear plastic cover)-
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=9

3jimbo3
01-12-2014, 12:27 AM
The one i looked at is white with orange letters. I also looked at one with a clear cover

el34
01-12-2014, 01:32 AM
I don't know if the colors are important, I was thinking about if the shape was like a little brick with solid metal (heatsink) on the back. The clear cover is just to prevent shorting something to the screw terminals, it's optional.

6bg6ga
01-12-2014, 05:08 AM
I am gathering parts for my PID controller. I am no way an electronics expert so I need to ask the experts for some guidance. I have found a lot of SSR's but I'm not sure which one to buy. The specs on one I have looked at are...

Output voltage: AC 24-380V
Output current: 40A
Input Voltage: DC 3-32V
Control Method: DC to AC

Will this one work? Or does anyone have a part number that I can use to order one?

Thanks for the help guys

Well, it will control either AC or DC and your going to control AC

It will work with a control voltage of 3-32 volts DC

It will switch up to 40 ampres

It will work for your project