PDA

View Full Version : Jackpot - Powder!

selmerfan
01-10-2014, 09:08 PM
I've been REALLY low on Alliant Blue Dot and 2400 for the last 9 months, but none of my normal powder sources are getting any in. I keep hearing "Alliant keeps telling us they are shipping, but we haven't seen it yet." I had to go over to Rochester, MN today and these guys and gals had multiple pounds of both! http://www.coyotecreekoutdoors.com/ They also quite a few other common smokeless powders on hand from all of the makers. Mills Fleet Farm in Owatonna has Varget and TAC if anyone needs it. I picked up 2 lbs. of Blue Dot and 2 lbs. of 2400. I've got 6 lbs. of IMR 4350 and 3 lbs. of Varget downstairs already, so I'm set pretty well. They also had bricks of primers, but at $44/1000. Neat store, friendly people. Now, has anyone tried 2400 in a .260 Rem with 140 gr. RNGC? I can load cast for cheaper than I can purchase .22 LR right now...

Shiloh
01-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Bought Unique there. The first place I bought small pistol primers after they disappeared following the Sandy Hook mass murder. Limit of 1000.

Shiloh

selmerfan
01-10-2014, 09:39 PM
They didn't have any limits on purchase, but the only rimfire ammo in stock was .17 HMR. About 9 years ago my wife's uncle died. He was a gun collector of sorts and reloaded everything. I bought 12 lbs. of Unique for $60. I'm still working through that stash. :)