PDA

View Full Version : Warm greetings from california

GOPHER SLAYER
01-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Perhaps warm is a poor choice of words considering all the cold weather in certain areas of the country. Maybe seasons greetings would have been more appropriate. In any case I just wanted all of are fellow board members in the colder climes to know that there are still places in the good old USA that are not covered in snow. Keep the faith. This winter too will pass.

starmac
01-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Winter will pass for sure, but I hope it doesn't go that far. lol

quilbilly
01-10-2014, 11:58 PM
That drought you are in should be worrisome. A few years back I was reading about a sunken forest in Lake Tahoe about 200 feet below current lake level. The trees in that submerged forest did not come from a landslide and were 50 years old. The California water resources agency calculated the drought required to lower the lake that much and concluded that if such a drought occurred today, California could only support a population of 3 million (less than 1/10 today's). That same drought destroyed the Anasazi Indian culture in the 4-Corners region which means not only Northern California would be devastated but the Colorado River would be too. That drought and several others like it have occurred several times in the last 1000 years at regular intervals. Something to think about anyway.

koehn,jim
01-11-2014, 12:12 AM
Fewer people here would suit me just fine.

Socal147
01-11-2014, 12:14 AM
70 here today. Just perfect for a Friday.

plmitch
01-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Trimmed brass in the warm sun on the deck today. Can't beat the Bay weather.