PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a .45 levergun & need help

Pigboat
01-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Hope I can find some help here. I’ve been looking for a lever gun in .45Lc for the last year and can’t seem to locate a new one. There’s a gun show this weekend so I might run across a used one but need some info.

I’ve more-or-less given up on finding a Marlin and the Uberti’s price isn’t justified by the amount I’ll be shooting. I am somewhat knowledgeable about the Rossi but what about the other makers, Puma, Cimarron, Chiappa, and Chaparral? Are any of these quality guns and what kind of a price should I look for on a used one?

blademasterii
01-10-2014, 07:32 PM
I just ordered my .454 rossi from budsgunshop for just over 500 total. It will also shoot 45lc. There is even a 45lc in the swappin and sellin here. Not too many showing up in the used market.

olereb
01-10-2014, 08:06 PM
The Rossi's are nice,i have several and love them. Granted there is the possibility you might need to tinker a bit but for the price its well worth it. I have looked at others but cant justify the price.

wrench man
01-11-2014, 03:14 AM
The LGS here has had a new Rossi 45 Colt on the rack for well over a year now!, they can't seem to give it away??
I lucked into a sweet used Marlin 1894CL 45 Colt at Cabela's over the summer, that's a nice rifle!

ReloaderFred
01-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Avoid the Chapparal's, since all the ones I've seen looked pretty on the outside, but the insides look like they were put together in a beginning metal shop class in some high school.

I have two of the Marlin 1894CB's, and love them both. My wife stole one of them for her own, so I guess I can only say I've got one CB, and she has one.

Hope this helps.

Fred