PDA

View Full Version : Looking to setup for boolit sizing...

fishboy
01-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Good morning,

So I've been hand loading for a while now and I'm enjoying hand loading just as much as I enjoy shooting. So, I'm looking to get deeper into rolling my own and I am going to make the plunge into the casting boolit world. I've officially been sucked in past the point of no return.

I am not trying to decide which way to go for boolit sizing equipment. To date, I have only been hand loading pistol cartridges (9mm, .40 and .45) but I want to start reloading for my .223 and 300BLK. I only have a Dillon RL550B press at the moment (aside from my little Lee hand press that I deprime with).

I am going to start out casting in .38 special caliber only for now (I'm sure it will develop into most of the calibers I shoot though). I am also interested in powder coating my boolits rather than traditional lubing. I might tumble lube wadcutter boolits as well.

Since I am looking into expending my reloading to rifle cartridges, I am thinking about getting a nice single stage press (leaning towards the Redding Big boss II). I am considering swapping out the Redding die bushing on it for the Hornady Lock n Load bushing for quick changing dies.

My question is; can I resize boolits on the Redding BB2? I should be able to put the boolit sizing die on this single stage press and get a hopper for the top right?

Thanks,
Greg

bangerjim
01-10-2014, 12:09 PM
I use the Lee dies in a single stage for sizing B4 and after PC'ing. Works great! And it is a stand-alone operation. I throw away the LLA that comes with the size kit.

banger

fishboy
01-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Banger,

This was the answer I was looking for. Thanks man!

Greg

Wayne Smith
01-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Lee style size dies go on your reloading press. The do not lube. If you want both you want one of the lube/sizers.