PDA

View Full Version : CCI 525 round bulk pack discontinued

starnbar
01-10-2014, 05:53 AM
I just got an e-mail from sportsman guide that said my order for the cci 525 40gr bulk packs was cancelled due to being discontinued anybody else having a similar problem?

imashooter2
01-10-2014, 07:51 AM
There were reports on S&W Forum about Midway canceling back orders for Federal because Federal stated they couldn't make the delivery.

Hardcast416taylor
01-10-2014, 12:35 PM
YUP! The factories are working 24/7 to fill the orders, yup sure they are!Robert

lefty o
01-10-2014, 02:19 PM
YUP! The factories are working 24/7 to fill the orders, yup sure they are!Robert

i can guarantee you they are working 24/7!

phaessler
01-10-2014, 02:23 PM
call me a conspiracy theorist, but it seems to me that manufacturers are laying down to the govt. A little to hard to believe they cant keep up at all. And not one will give you a straight answer on inventory or availability.

Love Life
01-10-2014, 05:32 PM
It's very easy to believe they can't keep up at all. Imagine if all 4.5 million (4,500,000) NRA members own a 22lr gun. Imagine they all want to have at least 5 bricks (5X525=2,625 rds). 4,500,000x2,625=11,812,500,000. <------That is if just NRA members bought it. Now imagine all the people in America who own a 22lr chambered gun. It is very easy to see that demand can't be met with current production capacities.

Now throw in variables like the comp shooters who buy by the case, special allocations (Boyscouts), and people now wanting 10 bricks apiece, you can see the issue.

Bonz
01-10-2014, 05:38 PM
I bet they are running 24x7 and added a modest price increase to their distributors

Forrest r
01-10-2014, 05:50 PM
It's very easy to believe they can't keep up at all. Imagine if all 4.5 million (4,500,000) NRA members own a 22lr gun. Imagine they all want to have at least 5 bricks (5X525=2,625 rds). 4,500,000x2,625=11,812,500,000. <------That is if just NRA members bought it. Now imagine all the people in America who own a 22lr chambered gun. It is very easy to see that demand can't be met with current production capacities.

Now throw in variables like the comp shooters who buy by the case, special allocations (Boyscouts), and people now wanting 10 bricks apiece, you can see the issue.

It's more like imagine a company gets an order from the gov for 1,000,000,000+ 40s&w hp's. The 1st order was 75,000,000 & the rumor mill has the doubling their order. Any company that makes ammo has a clause for orders being late/canceled due to national security issues.

Federal & cci (same company along with speer, alliant) are filling that order. The big question is what does the gov need that many hp's for. That's 5 bullets in every man woman & child in the united states.

Remington on the other hand makes 22lr ammo also & can easily be found along with most grades of match ammo.

For some odd reason eley 22lr's have been easy to find/buy thru this whole ordeal.

forrest r

Love Life
01-10-2014, 05:55 PM
40 S&W hollow point anti-citizen ammo production should have no influence on 22lr production.

They are produced on different machines on different lines.

DRNurse1
01-10-2014, 05:58 PM
I happen to use CCI for competition....and I cannot buy a case anywhere. I could spend $2000 for a case (5000) of Eley 10X (it is availble) or buy 4 or 5 cases of CCI (if it becomes available). I would rather shoot more, because my skill does not yet warrant the Eley.

This is going to be a lean year for competition if I cannot find some more 22LR

Love Life
01-10-2014, 06:23 PM
I do hope that demand catches up with supply in a timely manner so that yourself, and everybody else, can continue to do what they do with 22lr. Hopefully production capacity will be added as I believe it is safe to say that this isn't just a bubble.

jcwit
01-10-2014, 06:55 PM
i can guarantee you they are working 24/7!

Elaborate!

lefty o
01-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Elaborate!

might be that ive spent a few years working in an ammunition factory, and therefore have firsthand knowledge of whats happening.

jcwit
01-10-2014, 09:53 PM
might be that ive spent a few years working in an ammunition factory, and therefore have firsthand knowledge of whats happening.

Might be I worked in the retail business for the last 57 years and have yet to experience a shortage such as this.

What company do you work for?

lefty o
01-10-2014, 09:59 PM
the big F, and they are running balls to the walls 24/7. the issue is entirely between the hoarders, and distributors-mostly the hoarders. paranoid people, and speak of gun bans have fueled this thing 100%.

Mumblypeg
01-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Let me see if I can put this into perspective for you.... There is always plenty of milk and bread at the grocery store.... until the weatherman says it's going to snow..... see what I mean.... they didn't stop baking bread or milking the cows.....

dragon813gt
01-10-2014, 11:00 PM
Let me see if I can put this into perspective for you.... There is always plenty of milk and bread at the grocery store.... until the weatherman says it's going to snow..... see what I mean.... they didn't stop baking bread or milking the cows.....

Logic doesn't make sense to "gun people". They like to believe in drug addicts being organized by the democrats to stake out walmarts on a daily basis to buy up all the 22 which they then flip at flea markets for a profit which feeds their drug habbits and funds the democrats at the same time. Did someone say Doe Run....

Love Life
01-10-2014, 11:28 PM
Logic doesn't make sense to "gun people". They like to believe in drug addicts being organized by the democrats to stake out walmarts on a daily basis to buy up all the 22 which they then flip at flea markets for a profit which feeds their drug habbits and funds the democrats at the same time. Did someone say Doe Run....

Epic.

Wis. Tom
01-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Did you know that there are now over 240,000 employed by Homeland security? That's getting to be a pretty good size personal army. Hitler would be proud, and I imagine they are using alot of bullets.

jcwit
01-11-2014, 01:41 AM
Well being as we have the largest weeky flea market east of the Mississippi 8 miles from my front door from April thru Sept, and the fact I see lots of bricks of .22 rimfire for sale there for $90 to $100 bucks a brick, I say the black market is in full swing.

Now that does not say any of the dealers are or are not drug users. Just says there is ammo for sale there acquired from the retail market.

We shall see what this coming spring shall bring.

Jeff Michel
01-11-2014, 04:04 AM
Well done, math doesn't lie.

Now throw in variables like the comp shooters who buy by the case, special allocations (Boyscouts), and people now wanting 10 bricks apiece, you can see the issue.[/QUOTE]

Love Life
01-11-2014, 04:29 AM
[QUOTE=jcwit;2570237] I say the black market is in full swing.

QUOTE]

Has 22lr been added to the drug schedule right alongside cocaine and smack?

phaessler
01-11-2014, 07:04 AM
Not buying it..... The Govt might not be able to directly regulate the end product, but they aren't as stupid as they appear, ever consider regulation on raw materials? Look at the lead market? Is that having an effect? Chemical industries producing first part components for powders?
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but my money is on the fact they cant control the 2nd amendment, but they sure can control feeding it.
After all isn't the trick to winning a war starving the enemy of resources?

dragon813gt
01-11-2014, 07:34 AM
What raw materials are they regulating?

Forrest r
01-11-2014, 07:41 AM
I happen to use CCI for competition....and I cannot buy a case anywhere. I could spend $2000 for a case (5000) of Eley 10X (it is availble) or buy 4 or 5 cases of CCI (if it becomes available). I would rather shoot more, because my skill does not yet warrant the Eley.

This is going to be a lean year for competition if I cannot find some more 22LR

What are you shooting, 50ft bullseye with pistols? The cci sv ammo seems to be the "go to" ammo for allot of pistol shooters. The golden years of $249 for a case didn't last long.

forrest r

jcwit
01-11-2014, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=jcwit;2570237] I say the black market is in full swing.

QUOTE]

Has 22lr been added to the drug schedule right alongside cocaine and smack?

Point out where I said that? There are many things being sold on the black market other than drugs.

Here in the mid-west where I live we've seen a very slight increase in the 3 clubs/ranges I belong, and with said virtually no increase in the actual shooting.

What we have seen is a big increase in membership of the shooting sports in 4-H, in fact the county I live in has the largest 4-H membership in the shooting sports. We were even blessed with a spec. from one of the major ammo manufactures, only 30 orgs. got this spec. national wide. So we're set for the kids for some time.

Love Life
01-11-2014, 01:00 PM
I can't do it anymore. I just can't. Ya'll have fun on this thread.

jcwit
01-11-2014, 02:01 PM
How come now the worlds manufacturers can't/won't supply it?
We have unemployment and no factories. We have the demand for product and no factories to meet the demand.

They are, that's why Match ammo is still pretty much available.

jcwit
01-11-2014, 02:02 PM
I'm not concerned for myself, I saw it coming and got squared away long ago.
I'm thinking long term for the US, and look ahead at the bigger picture.

As did I.

dragon813gt
01-11-2014, 04:12 PM
You know come to think of it I don't know if I have ever seen a CCI 525 bulk pack.
What was always on the shelf was Federal 550, Remington's bulk pack and Winchester's bulk packs.
I've confined myself to the desert/mountains of the southwest so what do I know!

They've never been on the shelf by me as well. Like a lot of things the brand availability varies by region.

Speedo66
01-11-2014, 05:07 PM
People keep saying there isn't any ammo, then say they see it a high prices at the shows.

It's there, just the supply line has been compromised. Before ammo grabbers started appearing at Walmarts first thing in the morning, there was ammo on the shelves.

As far as the # of employees at Homeland Security, they gobbled up many agencies, total number is probably not much different than before, now just under one roof.

To those who said "call me a conspiracy theorist", OK, you're a conspiracy theorist.

Grump
01-13-2014, 02:32 PM
It's NOT getting to the retailers I have been checking on for a year now, in the same numbers as between the Obummer scare of late '08-whenever, and the panic that started July 2012. It might have not really gotten back to normal in between, but I wasn't asking the same questions back then. Three LGS all report they order all the time and just see what their distributors DECIDE to ship them--no real relationship between what they want and what they receive. NONE receives as much per shipment as they did before, therefore they are selling LESS per month than they did before.

If it's not all being diverted to on-line retailers, I still smell a rat. Doesn't matter who much they make, if the people can't lay their hands on it.

If what's missing from the LGS *is* getting diverted to on-line retailers, and the numbers match up with production, then I smell a bunch of Sheeple who don't care that the NSA has all their ordering e-mails in a database with redundant backups. Over the counter for me, please.

jcwit
01-13-2014, 05:44 PM
It's NOT getting to the retailers I have been checking on for a year now, in the same numbers as between the Obummer scare of late '08-whenever, and the panic that started July 2012. It might have not really gotten back to normal in between, but I wasn't asking the same questions back then. Three LGS all report they order all the time and just see what their distributors DECIDE to ship them--no real relationship between what they want and what they receive. NONE receives as much per shipment as they did before, therefore they are selling LESS per month than they did before.

If it's not all being diverted to on-line retailers, I still smell a rat. Doesn't matter who much they make, if the people can't lay their hands on it.

If what's missing from the LGS *is* getting diverted to on-line retailers, and the numbers match up with production, then I smell a bunch of Sheeple who don't care that the NSA has all their ordering e-mails in a database with redundant backups. Over the counter for me, please.

Hey now, I've been chastised over and over again for suggesting something similar.

Not a rat in the wood pile, but a skunk under the porch.

Love Life
01-13-2014, 08:34 PM
I heard that ancient dragons now hoard 22lr as if it were gold. Maybe the ancient dragons are intercepting shipments and adding it to their hoard. Anybody know any dragon names so that we can stop this nefarious business?

dragon813gt
01-13-2014, 09:24 PM
Anybody know any dragon names so that we can stop this nefarious business?

My name is Steve, same as my fathers. My legal last name is Dragon. This isn't the type of name you're looking for is it ;)

Love Life
01-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Nope. I was thinking of a name that was steeped in ancient evil, and that held the dragon's power in it.

dragon813gt
01-13-2014, 10:15 PM
You mean like Smaug. That Dragon was from Middle Earth so I'm not sure how much power he would have here.

Love Life
01-13-2014, 10:24 PM
Dragon is a sweet last name. Just saying.

rintinglen
01-15-2014, 05:49 AM
I'm sure Smaug is lying atop millions of rounds of plundered 22 LR rounds.
Where is Baggins when you need him?

DrBill33
01-17-2014, 06:41 PM
I have not seen .22WRM in 19 months, nor .22LR in 17 months.

Friends at Wally World's two stores near me say that none comes to them. At one Cabelas, I was told that they are not receiving ammo ... especially .22's. When a new store opens, it seems as if the others are denied ammo so that the new store has it fr the Grand Opening.

My two regular local firearms dealers have not seen.22in over the periods mentioned above .

If someone's hording it, I wonder where they purchase it!?!

Hard to believe that they are making any at all!

HATCH
01-17-2014, 07:20 PM
This is what is happening...

For years there are shooters that buy ammo on the days they go to the range even at the range before they shoot. They don't stock any ammo at home because every time they went to the store there was ammo. Now fast forward to now.
The same group goes to shoot and finds out that they can't buy any ammo and they have none themselves.
They panic. They start buying up every box they can find regardless of the price. They are driving the high prices the hoarders are charging.

Some people saw this coming. They placed large orders for 22 lr that couldn't be filled with the current stock levels in the suppliers warehouse. These orders are still being filled today even though they were placed over a year ago.
Until all the backorders are filled we will be stuck with the high prices these "hoarders" charge.

To be honest it sucks. The price to make it hasn't gone up that much. Its the fact that people are willing to pay the high prices that keeps us in the situation we are in now.

I can go drive the 5 miles to Sportsman Warehouse and purchase primers (any type), some powder, and some ammo. 22lr does come in but it is snatched up as fast as it hits the shelves and thats if it makes it to the shelves. I have a guy that will grab whatever supplies I need and put my name on them. I just walk to the front and tell them my name and they ring it up.

I did this when I needed some bullseye powder. Took about a month before I had a 4lb jug. This is when you couldn't get ANY powder.

historicfirearms
01-20-2014, 04:39 PM
One question that I don't think has been brought up in this thread is, why is it just 22 ammo? I can go into any sporting goods store and buy all the evil assault rifle ammo I want. If the government was really behind the ammo shortage, why would they be stopping the meager little 22?

HATCH
01-20-2014, 05:35 PM
22lr can't be reloaded so the demand is higher.
I don't purchase pistol ammo because I reload. I do buy 22lr ammo cause I got no other options.

I am sure that I am not the only one that purchases only 22 lr either...

Uncle R.
01-20-2014, 05:41 PM
I can't do it anymore. I just can't. Ya'll have fun on this thread.

Why would you even want to do it any more?
<
We've been over this again and again and no one's likely to change their mind at this point. Your attempt to explain it mathematically in this thread was as good an argument as any - and to no avail.
<
Forgive me if I can't resist putting your thoughts in my own words...
<
If everyone who owns a .22 of any type became nervous about the ammo supply and started scrambling to get a couple bricks for themselves the sales demand would increase by hundreds of billions of rounds. With production capacity pretty closely matched to "normal" consumption you'd see a shortage that would last for years.
<
Just like we're seeing.
<
I know it seems a pretty simple concept to you - as it does to me - but remember some words of wisdom from a t-shirt that was popular a few years ago. There are some creatures that you cannot teach to sing, and to keep trying only wastes your time and annoys those poor creatures as well.
<
It's turning into a long winter, ain't it?
:sad:
<
Uncle R.

destrux
01-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Can't we get some sort of blocker put on threads about the .22 shortage? Call me an NSA agent but I'm tired of reading about it.

HARRYMPOPE
01-20-2014, 07:34 PM
I went to air guns for my short range stuff two years ago for the noise reduction and to let me practice around the house. I got lucky and am sitting on quite a few $15 a brick CCI Blazers because of this.Now its slowly trickling to airgun pellets.I could buy as much as I wanted any day all week at Walmart.Now though they get it in it runs out sooner.As much as I like 22 LR for up to 50 yards a good break barrel airgun does just fine.

George