PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Dep. Al

cattleskinner
12-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Just wanted to let everyone see a couple of pictures of the deer I got this year in Ohio's gun season. Got the doe on the first day, which like was already posted was pouring down rain, and just plain miserable to hunt in, but the deer were out as long as you could stand the cold. It was about a 80-90 yard shot. The buck I got yesterday afternoon after being in the woods for less than 45 minutes. I got both with an NEF Huntsman muzzleloader, 80gr. of FFg Triple Seven powder, a Lyman 454424 boolit using acww out of a black sabot. I have a Millett red dot on top of it too. The buck was maybe 10 yds. closer than the doe was when I shot it. I didn't recover the boolits from either deer. Oh the title is for Al, because he sold me the mold a couple months ago. Enjoy the pics.

~Amos:-D

P.S. Didn't notice till I had already posted, but the date on the camera was off by one day, I really did get the doe on Monday, and the buck yesterday.

45nut
12-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Congrats Amos! Good to see you back aboard.. home from Va. now?

cattleskinner
12-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Yep, I got home from VA the beginning of Nov, and have been busy interviewing for a different job, doing the babysitter thing, working on remodeling the bathroom in the new house so that we can move in there. Staying with my parents right now, so things are a bit cramped, but in the end I know it will be worth it. The kicker with the hunt yesterday was that I hunt in a river bottom that is prone to flooding, and I found an old tire and rim that had somehow floated down the river, I pried two 4 inch or so wheel weights off of the rim. I figure I got reimbursed for the boolits I shot this season:-D. I won't be on the chat for a bit since my parents have an older computer with dialup, but when we get into the house, you can count on me joining in the b.s. sessions.

~Amos

rugerman1
12-02-2007, 06:11 PM
[smilie=s:Hi Amos!

cattleskinner
12-02-2007, 06:16 PM
It's not that it is dial up, it's the older part that is the problem. When I try to get on there, it says that it needs some program that is not installed on the computer. The computer is slow enough as is with the dial up, and being older to slow it down by installing an new progam.

~Amos

cattleskinner
12-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi Mark :bigsmyl2:

Johnch
12-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Good job

Nice to see someone else braved the rain Monday , for a deer in Ohio's gun season :drinks::drinks:

John

Lloyd Smale
12-03-2007, 06:49 AM
couple beautys there!! Some good chops in the freezer for this winter.

RugerFan
12-03-2007, 11:02 AM
That's a nice buck! Good job.

fatnhappy
12-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi Amos. Good job you did there.:drinks:

9.3X62AL
12-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Most welcome, sir. I can see you put the castings to good use!

Onlymenotu
12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
@ Cattleskinner.. is that the stock ram rod.... it doesn't appear so from the pic..... but it's kinda hard to tell

I hunt with a very similar setup...and load except mine is the blue/wood version and wears a 3x9x40 scope 85 grains tripple7 and a harvester sabot sporting a Lee c452-300-rf pure soft lead boolit* I love that huge meplate* still undesided on the primer carrier( if i'll have something made,buy 25acp breech plug or just keep buying the H&R primer carriers) but that being said..... the sidekick has become my TO GO deer gun.

he he p.s. and never the less,,,, nice deer.... should be good eating congrads on ur harvest

cattleskinner
12-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Howdy Dean!!:-D

Onlymenotu,

I have a Hubbards ramrod, and a .25acp breech plug on that Huntsman, and would recommend both of them to anyone looking to upgrade a bit. The new breech plug still gets a little bit of fouling in the action, but no where near what it was with the 209 breech plug. I agree, it is my go to gun for deer...it's about as close as I can get to using a rifle in Ohio. I didn't get enough time to try duplex loads with it other than a few shots that only grouped mediocre, but if I can get them to work by next year, I may give them a shot at a deer. Thanks for the congrats fellers.

~Amos

Huntsman
12-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Nice pics Amos, hopefully next fall I'll share the same result.