PDA

View Full Version : lee ingot mold

dragonfire
12-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Hello all, new to the casting ,looking to get started and would like to know where is a good place to buy the lee ingot mold ?also a few good place 's for casting supplies ,thanks,Eric

sturf
12-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Midway U. S. A.; Midsouth Shooters Supply; Grafts. There are others too.

dragonfire
12-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks sturf ,went aound the tire shops today and picked up a little over a hundred pounds of wheel weights ,now i need the tools to work it lol

Adam10mm
12-03-2007, 09:26 PM
I bought well over $2K worth of casting and reloading stuff from Midway this year. Graf's is really great too. Priced with shipping included.

Castinoff
12-06-2007, 09:39 PM
I've found F & M Reloading Equipment of Madison, Oh. (http://www.fmreloading.com/) to be a wonderful source for Lee products as well as Lyman. They are a bit slower than some in getting your order filled & shipped but their prices are very competitive and their shipping charges are based on the amount of your order rather than on the weight. After 3 or 4 orders, I'm still satisfied with them.

mazo kid
12-15-2007, 12:51 AM
You can order directly from Lee and if you have any FFL you get a very nice discount. Emery

trickyasafox
12-15-2007, 04:06 AM
Emery- does lee accept C&R's for discount as well? I'd buy factory direct if so, but their MSRP compared to the MidwayUSA discount is just a bit too extreme for me now.

Honestly- I like to buy as much used as I can. My experience (though rather limited) has been casters take good care of their stuff, and used just means you get a better deal, not necessarily a lesser quality product.

trooperdan
12-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Lee does accept a C&R FFL; the discount (last time I used it) was about thirty percent!

Dan

mtgrs737
12-15-2007, 12:00 PM
I have bought a lot from Midway and some from Midsouth. My latest is a Lyman 4 cavity 225 gr. RN in 45 for a ACP. I like the Lee six cavity molds too and their melters. I have four of the Lyman four cavity ingot moulds and they work great, I also have a Lee ingot mould but don't like the two 1/2 pound ingots they cast so I only get two 1 lb. ingots from it at a time. The Lyman's only cost $13 each at Midway.

Le Loup Solitaire
12-15-2007, 01:03 PM
The small 1/2 pound Lee ingots can be handy for use in rubbing/wiping off lead smears on the tops of iron mold blocks around the circumference of the cavity hole or the bottom of the sprue plate if there is any buildup starting...especially on one cavity molds. One of these with 4 pointy corners will last quite a while and are a bit easier to work with for a casting-person with smaller hands. Half pounders also have some use when adding new metal to smaller Lee pots as they don't lower the melt temp as much and abruptly as the bigger ones. They could be of value to folks who are in need of half-pounders for making/weighing alloys. Otherwise the feature just makes for a lot more things to handle and move around on the bench. A solution to that is to overpour the seam between the smaller ingot cavities with some extra melt, thereby attaching them and creating one larger ingot.

TAWILDCATT
12-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Go to Simpsons and get cast iron muffin pans also have fry pans that make corn bread segments.about $6.00.
do the math 30% 50x.30=15/50-15=35.Midsouth shooters charges $34 for 6 cavity mould.soooo.:coffee:[smilie=1::Fire:
I think its Lords brand.

freedom475
12-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Look in thrift/2ndhand stores....you can get muffin/cup-cake tins for $1 or $2.... these work great and are very cheap. They make nice little ingots that will fit in any melter. Pick Up a soup ladle or large spoon for another buck while your there. A pasta scoop or strainer spoon will work well for removing WW clips when smelting.