PDA

View Full Version : I give up.

Bigscot
12-02-2007, 02:12 AM
How do you post a picture without cropping the hell out it so the picture is worthless?

Bigscot

45nut
12-02-2007, 02:27 AM
Truthfully if you are relying on attachments I cannot help. I gave up on them long ago for most posts and turned to photobucket. You create an account, upload to their server and it auto-resizes no matter the size and you merely copy the code to your post here. Oh,,and its free.

Pepe Ray
12-02-2007, 03:01 AM
I've been struggling with the same type of problems. My guess is that ,if you have the software that allows you to crop a picture, the same software will let you reduce the pixels per area as well. It is the extreme high density /quality of the pics that is the problem. It is amazing how good a reduced picture looks. 'Specially if it's just for posting.
there's dozens of different picture editing programs and probably yours is not like mine but they seem to all have most features in common. You will have to look thru your menus more carefully. Not for cropping but for reducing pixels.
Be patient but persistent. One hint. When you find it WRITE IT DOWN on paper and file it. CRS will strike otherwise.
Pepe Ray

Bigscot
12-02-2007, 03:07 AM
Thanks 45 Nut. I went to Photobucket and was able to get it posted. I posted it under hunting.

Thanks again.

Bigscot

45nut
12-02-2007, 03:24 AM
Good Job. Photobucket truly makes it simple. Happy to help.

The Double D
12-02-2007, 04:20 AM
I cropped your picture using Paintshop photo album. and attached it. I would not call him your kid, Body Guard, maybe!

Lloyd Smale
12-02-2007, 07:04 AM
I first send them to myself in an email and the email will shrink them then send them back to MY PICTURES then there sized to fit on forums

imashooter2
12-02-2007, 08:40 AM
This is a fast and easy online resizer:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Dale53
12-02-2007, 12:03 PM
I use Fast Image Resizer. It is available here:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/fimageresizer.html

This resizes the picture to a size of your choice quickly and puts it on your desktop in a folder, then when you "Browse" in the "Attachment Window" it is right there to upload. Really a very nice, non complicated process for this forum. I use a limit of 600x550 pixels as that gives you just about the max size for the forum (you can probably go 600x575). This way, you can click on the thumbnail and get a somewhat larger image for better viewing.

Dale53

Junior1942
12-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Dale53, that is a FINE lookin' rifle!!!

Dale53
12-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Junior1942;
That rifle was built by Glenn Fewless of Waterford, Wisconsin (he did all of the extensive metal work) on a Frank Wesson replica action built by Steve Earle (without a doubt the most precision built action available today). The wood was supplied by Quaking Aspens, of California.The owner of the rifle is Doug Mann who did the stock work including the incredible checkering.

The rifle is for long range Black Powder Cartridge Shooting. I see a lot of truly fine firearms as my work as a writer-photographer and this one has to rank up near the top in truly wonderful workmanship. I number Glenn Fewless and Steve Earle among my friends and it is a joy to see what true craftsmenship is all about. We are living in the Golden Era, contrary to what many believe, TODAY!

Thanks for the compliments on the rifle. I'll pass it along to the ones who built it.

Dale53

DeanoBeanCounter
12-02-2007, 01:34 PM
I have Windows XP, I don't know if Windows 98 has this feature or not. I right click on the icon and on that menu there is "Resize Picture". You get four size choices. Like this one sized to small.

454PB
12-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey Deano, you need to change the contrast in that picture. It looks like you have a SERIOUS medical problem!

DeanoBeanCounter
12-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Naw, that's just my evil twin.

AkMike
12-03-2007, 04:45 AM
"That rifle was built by Glenn Fewless of Waterford, Wisconsin (he did all of the extensive metal work) on a Frank Wesson replica action built by Steve Earle (without a doubt the most precision built action available today). The wood was supplied by Quaking Aspens, of California.The owner of the rifle is Doug Mann who did the stock work including the incredible checkering.

The rifle is for long range Black Powder Cartridge Shooting. I see a lot of truly fine firearms as my work as a writer-photographer and this one has to rank up near the top in truly wonderful workmanship. I number Glenn Fewless and Steve Earle among my friends and it is a joy to see what true craftsmenship is all about. We are living in the Golden Era, contrary to what many believe, TODAY!

Thanks for the compliments on the rifle. I'll pass it along to the ones who built it.

Dale53.. "

Glenn Fewless is reworking my Alex Henry 450 BPE now. Too many years of cordite thru the tube. It's a toss up weither Henry copied Wesson or vice versa.
They're very close.

PatMarlin
12-03-2007, 09:20 AM
That's a nice un too Mike...:drinks:

Who do you write for Dale?

Dale53
12-03-2007, 11:45 AM
AKMike;
That, too, is a fine looking rifle. You could not do better than have Glenn Fewless do your metal work. I hold him and his work in the highest esteem. Good man in every way.

PatMarlin:
I write for "The Single Shot Rifle Journal" and have for several years.

Dale53