PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Mauser

richhodg66
01-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Went to a small town gun show today. Good little gun show, left with a few little odds and ends.

One table had a Spanish Mauser, I believe it's a '96 (it's a cock on closing)? Bore was good, looked to be all original, not butchered at all.

Are these good shooters? I'm set up to load for 7x57 and have a few molds. They wee only asking $125 for it. I probably should have picked it up, but they'll be back at the next small town show around here I'm sure.

SciFiJim
01-05-2014, 09:24 PM
They wee only asking $125 for it. I probably should have picked it up, but they'll be back at the next small town show around here I'm sure.

It probably won't be there. I would have broken my arm reaching for my wallet on that one. That's a great deal!

UBER7MM
01-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Richdog,

If you can find a descent Mauser for $125 USD, buy it.

richhodg66
01-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Yeah, probably should have. It being late on Sunday afternoon would have made it easier to deal too. It was a good gun show. I like small town ones, much,, much more reloading stuff there than the one Topeka does every other month.

Larry Gibson
01-05-2014, 10:56 PM
If it's a Spanish 7x57 then it's a M93 or a M1916 both of which have the same basic cock on close action. If the bore was good that was a steal. Might be another model or two in there that the Dutchman could tell us about?

Larry Gibson

Nickle
01-05-2014, 11:21 PM
The 95, I do believe would qualify as a 7x57, but I think the one the Spaniards used is just the 93. I could be wrong on the second part.

They're still good.

richhodg66
01-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Looked like one of the 1916. Should have bought it, but I was mainly focused on reloading stuff. Did get a good deal on some primers and a set of dies, other odds and ends.

There's another show at a small town nearby, if it's like things were west of here where I've lived most of my time in Kansas, the little towns all have one show a year and it's pretty much the same people with the same stuff at each one. I plan to be there and if it's there, I'll grab it.

bruce drake
01-05-2014, 11:52 PM
http://milpas.cc/rifles/ZFiles/Spanish%20Rifles/SPANISH%20MAUSERS/SPANISH%20MAUSERS.wps.htm

Just a little background reading. Go track down that fellow and get it before he sells it prior to the next show. Contact the promoter of the show and if you ask the general locationn of where the table was, he may be able to pinpoint your actual seller. If you have the dealer's name it would be even easier as they would have billing information to them for the table rentals.

Bruce

richhodg66
01-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Pretty sure the guy wasn't a dealer, and the rifle hadn't sold as people were packing up. I'll see it again, I'm pretty sure. There was another one there in about the same external shape (I didn't look down the bore) for around $140.

I have several Milsurps that haven't been shot in a while, I guess I need to get back into shooting them, I used to a lot and for some reason have just been focusing on other things.