PDA

View Full Version : Call me lazy or spoiled

Socal147
01-05-2014, 07:30 PM
You can call me lazy or spoiled but I really like the ease of using tumble lube 45/45/10. I have found that if I cast enough bullets to fill the bottom of a container and then TL immediately, the TL flash dries and leaves a very nice coating on the bullets. Set bullets aside to cool and BAM! I am done with that batch.
The issue I am have is what to do with my Saeco sizer. I really hate how messy the bullets get when I use it but it does do a great job of filling the lube grooves. I have homemade lube and store bought.
Never had leading with either lube method.

Sometime life dilemmas can be so trying. LOL

Single Shot
01-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Been casting for years and never thought of that. Thanks for the tip. My Saeco sits idle too most of the time. I do use it when trying a new boolit to work up a load using LLA and regular lubes to see what a particular gun prefers.

gunoil
01-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Ive left the nasty stuff, my star sizer,dies,barrels,fingers are super clean. A sized bullet shoots straighter. I use boolit stain from bayoubullets.net.

Socal147
01-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Glad that info helps Single Shot.

Gunoil - What is this coating? I like the ease of TLing. Don't really need to be accurate to bench rest levels. Cast, Tlube, load, shoot........... Sounds perfect to me. The other steps are well, I am not sure yet. LOL
Edit - got it! Not my thing but thanks for the info.

cbrick
01-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Well . . . Ok.

Your lazy or spoiled.

There, take that. [smilie=1:

Rick

Socal147
01-07-2014, 08:40 AM
Yeah, Ok CBrick........... Now that I saw how the star unit works, I want one. Just need to sell the Saeco first. LoL

ACrowe25
01-07-2014, 02:37 PM
I'm confused why your boolits are messy when using the lube sizer... Mine come out perfectly everytime. I'm sure you've been in the hobby longer than I have so know how to properly set up.

Are there certain boolit styles that are harder to lube with traditional lube sizer?

Please don't take this comment as insulting, etc. I really just want to know :cheers:

Down South
01-07-2014, 07:00 PM
I never tried the LLA but I have a bunch of it. I pan lubed when I started out. I used Lee push through dies. That was messy. I still have my pans with lube in them sealed up somewhere in my shop.
I bought a Star several years back and I have no trouble will mess.

cbrick
01-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Are there certain boolit styles that are harder to lube with traditional lube sizer?

Could have been lubing bevel base boolits, in & out sizers are notorious for lubing the bevel base.

Rick

Echo
01-11-2014, 03:09 PM
I looked down my nose @TL process. Then I cast up some small 38's for popcorn loads for teaching ladies to shoot - and had a hard time with my sizers vs. my club-like finger re the little pills. I thought, well, why not try TL. Did, and use it almost exclusively now, TL'ing, sizing w/Lee system, re-TL'ing. Works. What more needs to be said?

blikseme300
01-11-2014, 04:41 PM
I use 45-45-10 for boolits cast from RD molds and all else goes trough a Star. The 45-45-10 TL works great in my Marlin rifles so no need to try anything else as I believe in not fixing things that work.