PDA

View Full Version : Aperture sights for TX200

Dan Cash
01-05-2014, 06:12 PM
I have started playing with the three rifles I inherited and having lots of fun in the basement 10 meter range (it is -17 with 40 mph wind outside). This TX200 has a RWS scope on it but wish it had aperture sights. I went to Pyramid Air looking for some but from their sight it looks like no such animal exists. I don't want to register with them to ask. Any suggestions from folks here?
Dan

HollowPoint
01-05-2014, 07:41 PM
My air rifle came with a scope that worked well enough but I just couldn't shoot it well with the scope mounted. I think the scope was amplifying my shaky hold to much so I too decided to install some Peep-Sights.

Since none were made for my gun I ended up adapting an old Redfield receiver mounted Peep in the rear and fabricating a front Globe Sight. It worked out pretty well and without the weight of the scope, this already heavy air rifle is a little less cumbersome, just as accurate and a little quicker on the draw than shooting with a scope.

Since taking the pic of the Globe front sight I have gone in and ground off the fiber-optic factory site and just left the cross-hairs. It make for a zero-power cross-hair sight picture that's easy to get good hits on pigeons out to thirty yards. I haven't shot it any farther than that yet.

HollowPoint

Dan Cash
01-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Hollowpoint,
Thank you for your reply. How did you fasten your front sight to the barrel?

HollowPoint
01-06-2014, 11:29 AM
My air rifle has an integral suppressor of sorts at the muzzle end. On top of that plastic suppressor is a small tower that the front sight is molded onto.

The Globe front sight is just a piece of metal pipe with a slit cut along the length of its bottom. The slit on this pipe rides over the "Small Tower" that is the factory front sight and is secured in place by two cross-screws.

I've fired close to 300 pellets as of this writing and it's still solidly in place; and this air rifle has alot of forward recoil.

HollowPoint

backroad
01-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Might take a look at Williams fp-ag sight I have been told is good no personal experience though.

W.R.Buchanan
01-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Dan: just call them and talk to one of the smiths there, they may have something that will work for you.

My HW35 has a Williams Rear sight that I put on it back when. The sight was made by Williams for Beeman, it works well and I am using it until something else comes along that is better. It is a sight in and leave there, type of sight.

My R1 came with the factory open rear and a globe sight that looked identical to the one on the HW35, except it was a solid casting and did not have interchangeable inserts like the one from the HW35.

I called Pyramyd Air and they did have the good one in stock but at $70 I decided I would just mount a scope on that gun.

I went thru several scope mounts to find one that would survive the violent recoil of the R1 and it turned out the $14.95 UTG mount was the one that worked on that gun, as opposed to the $70 one they recommended.

They have more stuff Airgun than any outfit I have seen and most of the guys their are pretty knowledgeable and won't hesitate to give the strait skinny +or -.

Randy

Dan Cash
01-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Randy,
Thanks again. Will call them.