PDA

View Full Version : Finally had a Range Day

Down South
01-04-2014, 07:14 PM
I've been wanting to get to the range for a while but the only time I have time to go is on weekends. Holidays and bad weather have kept me from getting there.
Well, today was great here. Weather was comfortable with a long sleeve shirt and wife took off whith her friend to shop. So, I headed out to to the range.
I started out as usual with a few rounds of skeet. Got to shoot the breeze with a few buddies that always seem to frequent the skeet range.
Then I went over to one of the pistol ranges. There were very few shooters out today and I had one set of plate racks to myself.
There was a couple hundred rounds of good once fired brass that I picked up first, mostly 9mm. I cleaned that up so I could pretty much keep my brass separate.
I shot my two 1911's until I started getting a blister. Then I pulled out my Ruger MK-3 Hunter. That is a fine little shooting pistol. I ran about a dozen mags through it then I went to my little Sig P238. I ran about 10 mags through it. I guess I'm getting better with that short barrel. I did about 90% on the plates with it fast fire.
A couple guys came up to the other plate rack about the time I was wrapping up so I shot the breeze with them a while. They were shooting a Judge. The guy that owned the gun was saying that 45 Colt ammo was hard to come by. I have a Judge too but I told them, I cast for all of my guns and showed them boolits I had with me for the 45 acp and .380 that I had cast. They were impressed.
Anyway, about three bays over, a group of younger people had been shooting. It sounded like a war going on over there for about 45 minutes. I walked over and the ground was covered with brass. I picked up over 700 rounds of mostly 9mm brass.
I made it back to my RV. I just put on the pit a rack of baby back pig ribs and some stuffed jalapeņo peppers for snackers.

life is good.

starmac
01-04-2014, 08:29 PM
lol Life is good. 700 rounds at one picking, probably mostly factory ammo they were shooting. Makes a guy wonder why it isn't sitting on shelves. lol

ACrowe25
01-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Wow 700! A good day indeed.

olereb
01-04-2014, 08:50 PM
lol Life is good. 700 rounds at one picking, probably mostly factory ammo they were shooting. Makes a guy wonder why it isn't sitting on shelves. lol

I see that almost everytime I go to the range down here,lots of urban commando types with their tacticool ar's and loaded down handguns blowing through piles of factory ammo,i have yet to see one of them pick up their brass but that's good for me since I'm a vulture when I see them.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
01-05-2014, 05:59 PM
20 somethings with no kids have money to burn if they have the same job a 30 something with a bunch of kids has

I wouldn't actually know about this first hand I married at 21 started having kids at 22 been broke ever since .

but I see it with co workers and friends siblings

my old neighbor got his kid brother in at the same HVAC place he worked he got into guns and had more money than sense , he could shoot 500 rounds of center fire pistol ammo in a day of shooting and think nothing of it not sure their shooting really got much better either.

a co-worker bar tended as well as her day job where I work and she was amazed at how much the 20 somethings would spend at the bar on Friday and Saturday night , it was nothing at all for them to drop a hundred a night on drinks each a night.

pick up their brass before they get smart , the money they waste on fast shiny cars , liqueur and play is amazing multi billion dollar industry