PDA

View Full Version : Dos Amigos!

seagiant
01-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Hi,
While I was on a roll,I thought I would go ahead and clean up my Bair Kodiak 150! This press like the RCBS A2 was one I wanted for a long time, but could never find at a decent price! Finally bite the bullet on E-Bay and got one. Paid more than I wanted to,but they keep getting more expensive as time goes on, so jumped in!

Thought I would show them together as they are two of my favorite single stage "HEAVY" type presses!

pworley1
01-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Very nice!
Congratulations.

glockmeister
01-03-2014, 05:49 PM
seagiant, nice press, should be able to do anything need in the press department. Question, have you always been this short on equipment, Wow. You are reeally set up for major reloading. Take care, John.

seagiant
01-03-2014, 06:22 PM
seagiant, nice press, should be able to do anything need in the press department. Question, have you always been this short on equipment, Wow. You are reeally set up for major reloading. Take care, John.

Hi,
Yes!!! I need help!

pauly
01-04-2014, 02:10 AM
G'day from Downunder . [smilie=s:

G'day Seagiant , if you sell one of your P/W Mettalic II presses to me ? think of all the extra space you will have on your bench for more vintage presses . :bigsmyl2:

Regards Paul . :)

seagiant
01-04-2014, 11:04 AM

G'day Seagiant , if you sell one of your P/W Mettalic II presses to me ? think of all the extra space you will have on your bench for more vintage presses . :bigsmyl2:

Hi Paul,
I thought you already bought one???

pauly
01-04-2014, 04:41 PM

G'day Seagiant , I did buy one already on your advise and set it up exclusively to load for my .41 mag Freedom revolver and I love it so much I want another one for loading my small primer stuff.

LUBEDUDE
01-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Looking good Seagiant!

AlaskanGuy
01-04-2014, 04:49 PM
What is that knob on the side of the bair for???? The one right next to the primer tube???? Never seen one of them doo-hickeys.....

AG

liliysdad
01-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Thats the primer feed. It works much like the setup on the RCBS Turret.

I have my father's Bair 150 setup on my bench as we speak. Awesome press. Mine isnt nearly as pretty as yours, but its been in my life from birth.

seagiant
01-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Hi,
Thanks Lube,the sickness continues unabated!

Paul, I asked the lady at the Post Office how much a 25 lb. package would cost to Sydney,and she said $150, US of course!!! UPS should be double that she said!

AG, yes that is the primer ram! It works very nice! Here is a bad pic!

LD, the Kodiak 150's DO clean up nice and easy!

pauly
01-04-2014, 05:31 PM

G'day Seagiant , I think the postage for my last one was a little more than that ( about $160-$165 ) I am in Adelaide in South Australia , so if you are willing to sell me one let me know how much you need for it ? also do you have any extra top plates for them that you would sell ?

seagiant
01-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Hi Paul,
Sending a pm! I have no extra top plates!

GLL
01-05-2014, 01:27 PM
seagiant:

Beautiful 150 ! Perfect condition ! I own a couple myself.
Is the paint on yours original?
It seems to be a bit darker color than either my Kodiak or Bair.
Perhaps it is just the photo?

Jerry

seagiant
01-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Hi Jerry,
No, I repainted the body and cleaned up the steel parts. It is as tough as the RCBS A2,but of course the A2 is cast steel not iron! I just go to ACE Hardware and get the closest thing I can find. These are working presses and I just try to clean them up as I like my stuff to look good and they deserve it!

You will see I left as much of the original powder coat as I could because of the protection and you can still see the "texture" under the new paint! Keeping your dirty hands off of it and letting the paint cure is the hard part!

GLL
01-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Thank you. It looks great !
I just picked up another Pacific DeluxPro that needs some work so
will be heading over to ACE myself. Could you provide the blue color code on your paint can?

I also have a couple A2s that could use some repainting. Is yours an ACE green?

Best Regards,
Jerry

seagiant
01-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Hi Jerry,
Both paints are ACE Premium Enamel Paints the blue is labeled "Royal Blue"! The green I just see the cap as a color but should be easy to spot! The blue is in a different looking can than the green but is labled royal blue. I don't think you will have a problem and it seems like pretty good paint!