PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Kenny W. for the Butch's BP Boreshine tip

Nobade
01-02-2014, 08:46 AM
In order to celebrate the first of the year, I went to the range yesterday and shot up a bunch of paper patched 45-70 ammo through my Ruger #1. (Shot great BTW) after shooting, I wiped out the bore with wet patches. Came home, cleaned it again with a nylon brush and water/Ballistol mix. It looked really clean, so then I scrubbed it with the brush and Butch's BP boreshine. Ran another patch through it, and couldn't believe how much carbon came out! That stuff seems to be a very strong detergent that gets under and lifts off the carbon, and it works. Thanks Kenny W. for the tip, and it's going to be part of my cleaning regimen from now on.

-Nobade

Kenny Wasserburger
01-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Nobade, your welcome, I did the very same thing after bringing the stuff home from a shot show some years ago. Jimbo myself and Bryan Youngberg were at the first match of year the 10 Sleep Gong shoot and after they both had cleaned their rifles I tossed them my bottle of Butch's and said try that. Both were Shocked and use it too now.

Kenny W.

Doc Highwall
01-02-2014, 12:50 PM
I just checked, I have a bottle of it that somebody gave me and have not had a chance to use it yet and now I know it works good from a great source. Thanks Kenny!

Freightman
01-02-2014, 03:51 PM
thanks will find some.