PDA

View Full Version : got stood up today in a trade

9w1911
01-01-2014, 10:11 PM
I was trading a new 1lb of Unique for 1lb of Benchmark powder and I was stood up, this was frm an Armslist posting.
Now I live near Reno Nv and there is zero powder for .223.

So, I wanted to ask you guys where you purchase online?

mac60
01-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Wherever I can find it. I've been lucky enough to find powder in stock at wideners, Midsouth, Powder valley, Third generation shooting supply on line and at a local gun shop. Keep continually checking to see what's in stock and get on "notify me" list. Also, forget about 1 lb. cans - go with at least 4 lbs. and 8 lbs. if you can swing it.

Postalpaul
01-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Bruno shooting supply is out your way some where

r1kk1
01-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Bruno shooting supply is out your way some where

Bruno is in Phoenix about 740 miles from Reno.

Take care

r1kk1

Nickle
01-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Bruno can get a little pricey at times, so pay attention to the pricing.

It isn't a real bad thing, nor are they bad people.

I've bought from them before, and likely will again. Not powder, but bullet jackets (J4's).

dbosman
01-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Get on the mail update lists for a couple of online suppliers - with reasonable prices. Be sure to remember that there is a Hazmat fee to be paid. A group buy with some local buddies is the best way to deal with that. Or, purchase enough to make the fee moot.
They will drop you, and everyone else, an email when they expect powder or primers to be in stock. When you see what you need, order it. Don't think about it too hard, just place the order.

Some online stores allow a wish list. If you have items sitting there, placing a full order of powder and your wish list will take very little time.