PDA

View Full Version : Problem accessing sub0forums

blackthorn
12-31-2013, 02:42 PM
I am having trouble getting the site to work properly when I initially open it each morning. After the change of servers it was OK for a day or two but now each time I open the site it is real slow. It will usually come on as normal but when I try to open one of the sub-forums, i.e. “Our Town”, it does not open. Then the “can’t access the web site” appears and if I hit the “refresh” sometimes it will open after a bit of a wait (sometimes not). When it will not open and I hit the “back” button, most times it will open. I will have to fool with the first three or four subject headings, but after I fool with it for about 3 or 4 posts everything starts to work well and will continue to do so for the length of time I am on the site. I thought at first it must be something to do with my computer but other sites act normal. SO------? Any suggestions?

Down South
12-31-2013, 03:58 PM
No problems here. I use at least four different internet capable devices through a combination of WIFI, Verizon and company internet.
I think the problem may be on your end. I'm not a computer wizard any more but do other sites open normal? Have you tried clearing your Cache?

C.F.Plinker
12-31-2013, 04:16 PM
If the sub-forum or thread seem to be coming up slow for me, I will right click on it and select "open in a new window". That one usually comes up right away. When I close out the new window I see the original window with the "this page can't be displayed" error message. I hit the "go back" button on the mouse and I am back where I started.

I assume that it is a problem on my end somewhere because I need to do the same thing on other websites.

blackthorn
12-31-2013, 06:36 PM
This is the only site I am having problems with.