PDA

View Full Version : looking for a Lyman 323471

longhunter79
12-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this?
Looking to buy or rent a Lyman 323471 mould. If anyone has on for sale let me know as I have 2 8mm Mausers that needing feeding.

Thanks,
Jon

Ben
12-30-2013, 11:28 PM
I was fortunate to find one a few weeks ago. I've not had an opportunity to test mine yet ?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?221061-8-mm-Anyone

Buckshot
12-31-2013, 05:51 AM
.............I suppose it must have been 8-9 years ago but I was also looking for the Lyman 323471. I'd bought their 165gr Loverin # 323470 and was a bit upset that their heavy was NLA. I don't recall if someone told me that someplace or the other had the 323471 listed but I checked it out and ended up with one. Lyman has since deleted almost all of their Loverin designs. Too bad as you didn't have to worry about a dang bore rider with a Loverin. They've deleted twice as many good moulds compared to what they currently catalog.

..............Buckshot

Ben
12-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Rick,

I'm in 100% agreement with what you've said.
Seems that Lyman must have sat down at a point and asked the question, " Ummm, now let's see here, which molds are very popular with cast bullet shooters ?, OK, let's make a list and discontinue every one of them."

???????????????

Some things are hard to figure.

Larry Gibson
12-31-2013, 11:46 AM
Lyman deleted most of their Loverins simply because for a large number of years they weren't selling. The "rage", fad or whatever you want to call it for a large number of years was for cast bullets with bore riding noses. Note RCBS also dropped their Loverin styles and went to all designs with bore riding noses. That started about 30+ years ago. Today there are very few of us who use Loverin design cast bullets. certainly not enough for a major manufacturer like Lyman and RCBS to keep them stocked of to produce. If it doesn't sell enough they can't make and sell them profitably. They are in a business after all. There is not even enough custom work to pay for them to keep those types of shops open.

I have numerous Loverin design cast bullet moulds in numerous calibers (.22, 6.5, 7mm, .30 and 8mm), including the 323471. They are excellent designs and provide excellent accuracy, usually to higher velocity than bore riders if you have a rifle with a chamber throat long enough and/or a case neck long enough to keep the GC in the case neck.

Larry Gibson

Ben
12-31-2013, 11:59 AM
That's all well and good Larry.

I guess AL at NOE sees modern day cast bullet purchasers a bit different than Lyman does, he is making pretty good money with many of the Lyman discontinued mold designs.

Larry Gibson
12-31-2013, 01:29 PM
Lyman recomends the custom mould makers for new or discontinued designs. Making moulds as a business is like any other. Take cars, PU's, jeeps for instance; lots of smaller shops making parts and custom items the bigger companies can't make profitably. That's good for Al and the other custom mould shops, eh?

Larry Gibson

Ben
12-31-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't have a problem with Lyman's decisions.
It is a free market system.
Lyman can make its own decisions.

Larry Gibson
12-31-2013, 08:45 PM
Ben

I don't have a problem with Lyman's decisions.

Yah sure fooled me:veryconfu

:drinks:

Happy New Year

Larry Gibson

Nrut
12-31-2013, 10:21 PM
longhunter79,
NOE is running a group buy on the 323471 FN in various sizes..
The buy is closed but Al normally makes extra molds when he does a run..

If you can suffer a flat nose and a modified top band (smaller) then I would PM him about buying one..

You make me laff Ben..
Good work .. [smilie=l:

SciFiJim
01-02-2014, 12:42 AM
longhunter79,
NOE is running a group buy on the 323471 FN in various sizes..
The buy is closed but Al normally makes extra molds when he does a run..

If you can suffer a flat nose and a modified top band (smaller) then I would PM him about buying one..

You make me laff Ben..
Good work .. [smilie=l:

I am the honcho for that group buy. I spoke with Al yesterday about it. He was manufacturing some last night and will probably finish by this weekend. The extras will be sold on his website.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=32

Keep an eye on that page. They will be listed there.

Jim

longhunter79
01-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks guys.

I will watch the web page and see what comes up.
I still would buy the Lyman mould if someone has it tucked away and it is not in use.
Thanks,
Jon

LeadHead72
05-15-2019, 10:57 PM
Thanks guys.

I will watch the web page and see what comes up.
I still would buy the Lyman mould if someone has it tucked away and it is not in use.
Thanks,
Jon

I know this is an antiquated post, but longhunter79 are you still looking for this mould? If so, it looks like I have a 2-cavity that will be for sale.

TNThomas
02-02-2021, 06:23 AM
I know this is an antiquated post, but longhunter79 are you still looking for this mould? If so, it looks like I have a 2-cavity that will be for sale.

I would be interested if you still have the 323471 for sale.

LeadHead72
02-02-2021, 01:30 PM
I would be interested if you still have the 323471 for sale.

Sorry, it's been gone for quite some time now.