PDA

View Full Version : Thought you guys might enjoy this!

Hogtamer
12-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Speaks for itself.....
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/30/Santa-Gave-South-Carolina-Gov-A-Beretta-Handgun-For-Christmas

Tatume
12-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Hello Folks,

This website has been reported as unsafe. It harbors malware, including viruses. Enter at your own risk.

Take care, Tom

bhn22
12-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Breitbart? The S&W Forum flags as evil too.

Tatume
12-30-2013, 05:32 PM
I sent this email to my malware protection provider:

I visited this website:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/30/Santa-Gave-South-Carolina-Gov-A-Beretta-Handgun-For-Christmas

and Webroot said it was reported to be dangerous. Could political activists report websites with which they disagree so as to discourage visits? How does Webroot make the determination that a website should not be visited?

I'll report their response.

Take care, Tom

Guesser
12-30-2013, 05:33 PM
I read that site regularly, have never had it or any other Breitbart site flagged as corrupted.

mikeym1a
12-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Webroot has a very aggressive anti-spyware, anti-virus program. I used to use it. Now I just use Norton internet Security. I got tired of Webroot's constant dings. It is a very good anti-spyware, anti-virus, but seems if the site has any tracking cookies to install, they get dinged by webroot.

Hogtamer
12-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Spyware...HAH! With what we now know about the NSA it's ironic that we should have concerns about a conservative oriented website like Breitbart. So just to offend the powers that be, I'll report the story? SC Governor Niki Haley got a Beretta handgun for Christmas and was thrilled about it! Don't look for that report on network news.

bhn22
12-30-2013, 08:09 PM
A Beretta Storm IIRC. I gave my son a 9mm Storm Inox for Christmas.

Tatume
12-30-2013, 08:20 PM
I looked in our database at that website and it should not be blocked. We work on a "reputation" basis for determining sites, and that has a reputation of 92. Try navigating to the website once again. If it is still blocked, let me know but clicking, 'Send Another Message' at the top of this page, and we'll proceed with next steps. Webroot Tech Support.

Looks like it's okay.