PDA

View Full Version : Cramer 9mm trio handles?

Psypher
12-28-2013, 01:27 AM
I picked up a Cramer trio 9mm mould and didnt realize the handles are extremely specific for Cramers. What handles will work and how easy will it be to find them?

Love the mould so I hate to part with it.

Forrest r
12-28-2013, 08:06 AM
The 2 & 3 cavity molds use the same handles. Saeco mold handles will work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saeco-Bullet-Mold-Handles-Lead-Bullet-Casting-/201008833190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecd0f62a6

Psypher
12-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Thanks Forrest! That's the same set I was looking at IF it would work.

engineer401
12-28-2013, 01:03 PM
I once had a 2 cavity Cramer mold and called Redding to ask if the Saeco handles would work and the customer service rep told me he didn't know and didn't recommend it. He cited a possible "throw" problem. So I used Lee handles that were drilled out to accept the larger screw. There is a sticky describing what handles work with molds.

rintinglen
12-28-2013, 02:05 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?131147-The-Right-Handles-Pic-Thread!!
This is a useful link, if I posted it right, if not it is one of the stickies at the top of the page.

Psypher
12-28-2013, 05:33 PM
rintinglen, I tried that thread initially and nothing in it covered the Cramer three cavity (trio), thus the posted question. This thing casts some very nice bullets for its age and I want to send one of my RCBS moulds in for a hollow point conversion.

Char-Gar
12-28-2013, 05:40 PM
I looked through my handles and found two Cramers. Here they are with a SAECO in the middle. The screw hole in the Cramers is smaller than that of most other makes. The tines/prongs on the Cramer are also thinner that most other makes. I suspect you will have to modify another make and drill the proper size hole.

Psypher
12-29-2013, 11:52 AM
I looked through my handles and found two Cramers. Here they are with a SAECO in the middle. The screw hole in the Cramers is smaller than that of most other makes. The tines/prongs on the Cramer are also thinner that most other makes. I suspect you will have to modify another make and drill the proper size hole.

The set that Forrest posted looks quite close to where it seemed the proper engagement of this trio would be. Thanks for posting your picture on these handles, it may prove quite useful! My RCBS handles were very close, but close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear warfare.

Psypher
01-03-2014, 05:30 AM
The 2 & 3 cavity molds use the same handles. Saeco mold handles will work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saeco-Bullet-Mold-Handles-Lead-Bullet-Casting-/201008833190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecd0f62a6

Forrest, you were spot-on! Those handles arrived today and it was a PERFECT fit.

I spent an hour scrambling trying to remember where I put the 9mm-trio mould, then I realized that I hadn't cleaned it and set it in the safe with the reloading supplies.

Forrest r
01-03-2014, 08:55 AM
Nice!!!

I'd love to see some pic of of your mold & the bullets they cast. The cramer's are works of art that were made by true craftsman.

novalty
01-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Would say maybe some Lachmiller handles, but those are probably as easy to come across as the Cramer handles.

Psypher
01-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Let's try this photo instead. An error occurred in the last one. Not too shabby for a dinosaur of a mould. At the rate I'm going I won't have any lead left by the end of the spring as I will have cast it all.

Forrest r
01-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Thank you for posting a picture of your mold, very nice!!!

That's 1 heck of a design with the crimp groove in it, easily taper or roll crimped.

Psypher
01-05-2014, 12:41 AM
Had a CCW student ask me tonight if I'd part with it. I giggled and said, "sure, but it's going to cost you $250 with the handles." I don't think he'll be asking again.