PDA

View Full Version : Hi Point or Glock?

waksupi
12-28-2013, 12:22 AM
This question was kicked around at the Friday afternoon coffee gathering. If you had to chose one, which? I came down on the side of the Hi Point, since they are pretty much indestructible, from within or without.

What do you think?

Bzcraig
12-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Personally the Glock. Better looking and the Hi Points would require me to have someone shoot it for me in a few years they are so heavy! :coffeecom

Sgtonory
12-28-2013, 12:30 AM
I have both. I love my $130 Hi-point c9. Shoots well even feeds SWC boolits. But i have to say i have a Glock 21 by the bed for protection. So i say buy both. Gotta have a gun for every room. Oh almost forgot. Hi-point warranty is the BEST!! Also have a 995 carbine that has lots and lots of rounds thru it and no issues.

Miller
12-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Glock every time.

Hi Points are hit or miss from my experience of their reliability. Multiple friends of mine have went the cheaper route and got a Hi Point to end up buying a Glock down the road.

Fishman
12-28-2013, 12:36 AM
Glock, many more rounds in the mag.

Funny thing is: I have the hi point 45 carbine and dont own a glock, but I have lots of glock equivalents.

nhrifle
12-28-2013, 12:37 AM
That's a tough one as I have seen specimens of both put through the proverbial wringer and still come through working fine. Neither one wins any points with me as far as looks are concerned, though Glocks look better. A Hi Point feels better in my hand than a Glock and points a bit better. I guess that just in terms of reputation, name recognition, and the fact that so many in Law Enforcement trust their lives to one, my nod would have to go to Glock. Personally I would feel adequately armed with either.

That said, there will be a 1911 on my belt tomorrow.

Love Life
12-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Depends what my budget is. If I have the cheese, than It would be a Glock. If I had limited funds I would buy a Hi-Point. They both go bang.

waksupi
12-28-2013, 12:51 AM
My buddy who was a Marine armorer, and just came home last spring from Afghanistan, says Hi Point, hands down. I'll have to get him to elucidate on that a bit.

Love Life
12-28-2013, 01:00 AM
Glock is more refined and looks better to boot, but HI-Point pistols are solid pieces of kit.

As I said, if I have the money I am buying a Glock. If I'm strapped for cash I'm buying a HI-Point.

If there is a gun buyback where they give $225 per handgun then I am buying a couple crates of HI-Point pistols.

waco
12-28-2013, 03:28 AM
Glock........But I've never handled a Hi-Point.......

2wheelDuke
12-28-2013, 04:06 AM
No question for me, Glock all the way.

farmerjim
12-28-2013, 08:46 AM
I have 3 Hi-Points 9mm, 45 and 995ts. The 9 and 45 are built like a brick SH and as heavy as one. People call the 995ts ugly, but it shoots great. Don't forget the old song " Make an ugly woman your wife" and be happy for the rest of your life.

MGD
12-28-2013, 08:55 AM
There is no free lunch. You must use a tool to dissassemble the Hi-Point to do routine maintenance. If you don't clean and lube; it will fail, just a matter of time. Trigger pull on the Hi-Point is not as good as the Glocks. Think about it, with the current economy if city managers and police chiefs thought they could get the same performance for less dollars wouldn't all the cops be carrying Hi-Points?

6bg6ga
12-28-2013, 08:56 AM
I wouldn't purchase a Hi Point pistol. I'f I want something that I know will work I will grab the Glock.

I do have a Hi Point 4595 and it shoots fine is nasty ugly and you would never have to worry about loosing it because people would run up to you to return the gun its that ugly.

6bg6ga
12-28-2013, 09:01 AM
There is no free lunch. You must use a tool to dissassemble the Hi-Point to do routine maintenance. If you don't clean and lube; it will fail, just a matter of time. Trigger pull on the Hi-Point is not as good as the Glocks. Think about it, with the current economy if city managers and police chiefs thought they could get the same performance for less dollars wouldn't all the cops be carrying Hi-Points?

I can't speak for the Hi Point pistol dissassembly wise. I have the 4595 and it comes apart easily without any tools one you master the art of taking it apart.

I think the police departments are caught up in the AR15 frenzy. My town bought several hundred thousand dollars worth of them and components. Will they buy the Hi Points? I seriously doubt it when the AR15's are chambered for a round that is capable of longer distance with higher accuracy than the pistol rounds the Hi Point is chambered for. I don't think anyone can say that a 9mm, 40 cal, or 45 acp is capable enough to reach out at 100 yards with the stopping power that the 223 has.

Garyshome
12-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Buy what you can afford. I like the Glock, but if I got a good deal on a Hi-Point I might just pick it up. I would like a carbine in either 9 or 45 though.

6bg6ga
12-28-2013, 09:09 AM

I don't think Glock makes a carbine so I believe its a Glock pistol against a Hi Point pistol and its a no brainner for me I'll take the Glock. When talking the carbine I'll take the Hi Point before I'd take an AR15 simply because I have thousands of rounds of 45acp and I have zero 223's.

6bg6ga
12-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Note the 14 round magazines that aren't supposed to work with the gun. A minor angle change on the feed lips turned the mag into a workable piece. Its got a red dot green dot scope with a 3X multiplier and a laser strobe combo light on the front. A poor mans AR15.

Finster101
12-28-2013, 09:30 AM
I have a 995 and it is a blast to shoot. I do the steel match with it every now and then as our range will let us use a rifle as long as it is a pistol caliber. It is honestly hard to miss with it and I am using the factory sights. Everyone that has tried has loved it. A couple even went out and bought one. At about $350.00 they are a deal. It has been fed a steady diet of Lee 358105's and 124 grn round nose tumble lubed, sized to .358 both over 4 grns of promo. Probably 500 rds so far (haven't had it that long) it has not been cleaned other than a bore snake being pulled through it and it has not missed a beat.

daniel lawecki
12-28-2013, 09:43 AM
I"M really not a fan of either but have shot both guns. I'll go with the Gock simply because of it's work history. The darn thing is just shoots and shoots. I have shot both guns but it's been awhile.

SGTM9
12-28-2013, 10:52 AM
I have a HiPoint 9c older alloy frame. It has had over 1000 rounds through it now with no problems. Almost junked it when I first got it over 20 years ago. Would not fire a full mag without jamming. Lubed it up and worked the slide for 15 min. Or so and she has been reliable ever since.

myg30
12-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Does anyone know if Hi Point bought out Stallard Arms ? Maybe from Mansfield Ohio ? Im CRS now. In the early 90's I purchased a Stallard arms 9mm pistol. $129 new. Seemed like pot metal, needed a pin punch to remove the slide, mag spring got wore out after leaving it loaded for a few months up in the closet. Extractor chipped and failed to extract the cases most of the time. It did shoot well.
Got rid of it. Started into glocks because of the prices and reliability.
I'd try a hi point only because of the good reviews here.

Mike

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Purpose...
It's all about purpose. Personally I'd own both, if I liked that style of Pistols. Currently I own neither (but I do have a 4095 rifle). I have handled and test fired five different Hi-Point C9 pistol's for my Boss, at the time. They all shot great, no issues what so ever, right out of the Box, Brand New...and they handled a variety of my cast boolits too.

waksupi
12-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Okay, let's throw this in the mix. Suppose you had to use whatever ammo you could find in .45. Everything from powder puff, to Bubba's smoking hot gunshow reloads special. Would you still pick the Glock?

starmac
12-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Now you just ain't playin fair. lol

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-28-2013, 02:57 PM
"Bubba's smoking hot gunshow reloads" would only used in the Hi-Point

454PB
12-28-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't own, nor have I fired a Glock......but I do have a Hi-Point JCP40. It's big, heavy, and ugly, but it WORKS, and it's made in the USA. Hi-Point has the best warranty in the business from what I've read (I've never had a problem with mine), and if you do a search on YouTube, they are really tough to destroy. There is a series of videos where they did their best to blow one up, plugging the barrel with a bolt and using double charges of Bullseye, etc. They did finally manage to disable the gun, but it never kaboomed.

But......if somebody wanted to give me a Glock, I need one for testing.

roysha
12-28-2013, 04:54 PM
My buddy who was a Marine armorer, and just came home last spring from Afghanistan, says Hi Point, hands down. I'll have to get him to elucidate on that a bit.

elucidate? Really, elucidate? Good grief man, tone down the fancy schmancy rhetoric. There are among us those that have not a clue where of thou doest speak!:kidding:

6bg6ga
12-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Okay, let's throw this in the mix. Suppose you had to use whatever ammo you could find in .45. Everything from powder puff, to Bubba's smoking hot gunshow reloads special. Would you still pick the Glock?

Ok, if I had to choose between a Glock pistol and a Hi Point pistol and was given very heavy loads I would take the Hi Point because if it blew up I would have had less money in it. Heavy loads in the Carbine 4595 don't seem to bother it at all.

FergusonTO35
12-28-2013, 07:10 PM
My understanding is that HP's do just fine with cast boolits from the get go, whereas Glock requires some experimentation and/or an aftermarket barrel. I wouldn't feel unarmed with either one, that's for sure.

nhrifle
12-28-2013, 09:32 PM
elucidate? Really, elucidate? Good grief man, tone down the fancy schmancy rhetoric. There are among us those that have not a clue where of thou doest speak!:kidding:

Somebody got some splainin' to do!

waksupi
12-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Far be it from me, to bespeak in proselytism and mete out angst upon the collocated aggregation!
This topic is to make you think. We see SHTF topics all the time, with people leaning towards the higher end firearms. I want something that will work all the time. That's another reason you will never find me with a match chambered rifle.

nhrifle
12-29-2013, 12:10 AM
The first requisite when deciding on something to carry for protection is reliability and how much you trust in it. That's why I pray before the altar of John Moses Browning.

Frosty Boolit
12-29-2013, 09:07 AM
We see SHTF topics all the time, with people leaning towards the higher end firearms.

If SHTF, you had better have a good pair of running shoes!:grin:

I'd lean to the hi-point because it is a simple blowback design, similar to a .22lr. That is the reason why it is so dang heavy, that weight keeps the breech closed till the boolit leaves the barrel. Mine sure makes some filthy brass though, that keeps clean in locked breech firearms.

300savage
12-29-2013, 02:04 PM
glock, absolutely no question.

Silverboolit
12-29-2013, 03:05 PM
One thing that a lot of people do not realize is that if you had to use your sidearm in a shooting incident, the police will confiscate the weapon. I would rather them take my Hi Point rather than the 1911. The chances of getting your Hi Point returned is a lot better than your custom 1911, or Glock. If the cops don't return the weapon, you are not out much.

The argument about reliability is questionable. All guns are mechanical and bound to fail in time. Is a Hi Point more apt to fail sooner than a name brand? Maybe, maybe not. Maintence will be the equalizer in most instances. I have HiPoints and other brands. My Hi Point will eat anything that I can stuff it full of. Some of the others, not so much. If the Hi Point fails and I can do my part, I can just bludgeon someone to death with it.

Mk42gunner
12-29-2013, 05:07 PM
I don't really like either one, but I would have to go with the Glock.

I have shot several Glocks that my friends had, usually with no trouble.

I have shot exactly one HiPoint (.40S&W) that someone was trying to sell to my stepdad. He asked me to make sure it worked. One magazine with IIRC eight rounds was supplied; and I am glad I didn't buy a whole box to shoot, because the beatup *** would not cycle. I could run the rounds through by working the slide, but it would not feed a round after firing.

I know it was only one gun, but it left a very bad impression on me.

Robert

greg61986
12-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Neither Ruger all the way SR's are awesome in my opinion. If I had to choose tho Glock all the way. I never thought this question would get so many high point answers. what was it my instructor called high point o'yeah a boat anchor...

garym1a2
12-29-2013, 08:14 PM
I ran my Glock 21SF over 700 rounds (200gr Lee SWC) in one day without cleaning. NO FTF's, with lead and the factory barrel its a mean machine. Have a Kimber 1911 TLERL2 and would pick the Glock over it any day.

P.S, the Glock21SF on lead just plain shoots it and does not keep any in the barrel.

My Glock 22 I went for 15 months in twice a month USPSA matches before a failure, slide did not go always into battery, its a good lead machine with aftermarket barrel. My guess was MTBF of over 7500 rounds.

Hipoints, just too ugly for me to consider.

waksupi
12-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Some of you miss the point of the question. If you had to shoot whatever ammo was available?

MT Gianni
12-30-2013, 12:52 AM
Any ammo I would hope for a High Point carbine. If I am going to pack the weight I want the bbl length. Only my loads get another choice, but that isn't an option here.

kevindtimm
12-30-2013, 12:54 AM
I'm looking at the Jimenez Arms 32acp 8-)

starmac
12-30-2013, 12:57 AM
I'm looking at the Jiminez Arms 32acp 8-)
I was thinking more on the line of a jennings 9

Love Life
12-30-2013, 12:58 AM
You're leading us to an answer you already have. Out with it!!

I'd still roll Glock. Most ammo found would be factory. If you found handloads, chances are they would cycle the Glcok fine unless you have poor luck and you just smoked the one of 15 people in America who own a 9mm revolver and shoot powder puff loads.

Conclusion: I'll start with my own ammo. If smoking people and taking their ammo there is a high probability it will work. If it is just for busting rabbits to fill the pot then I don't care if it cycles or not.

waksupi
12-30-2013, 01:11 AM
Just in search of thinking men, Dick.

Typical thread here, it's a lot like herding ferrets! [smilie=2: :drinks:

Love Life
12-30-2013, 01:12 AM
Medusa revolver?

Mk42gunner
12-30-2013, 02:31 AM

I picked Glock earlier, due to my previous bad experience with a Hi Point. For all I know it could have been the only bad Hi Point to ever leave the factory; but I really don't think so.

With no multiple assailant, close range, combat scenarios listed, I think I would change my pick to a Ruger Blackhawk convertible; specifically for the "Bubba's smoking hot gunshow reloads special."

Robert

robertbank
12-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Ummmmmm. I need a gun I can shoot well and you did mention survival. I dislike the Glock grip so I have to go with the M&P in 9MM if you must have a pistol but for survival, I'll side with my GP 100. Hell for strength, will shoot anything from mild to wild on two or four legs. Ammo is available, and reloading is easy and affordable. The revolver will out shoot the Glock.M&P or High Point if accuracy was to become important so there you are. 38 Special ammo is still widely available and you do have the option of .357mag.

Take Care

Bob
ps My flattop Blackhawk .45acp/45LC would be a hard gun to leave behind as well. Up here cartridge availability might become a concern after some length of time. I don't have the .357/9MM convertible.

waksupi
12-30-2013, 04:51 PM
You don't have those choices. Glock or Hi Point.

6bg6ga
12-30-2013, 05:22 PM
You don't have those choices. Glock or Hi Point.

Do I have a choice of a Glock pistol or Hi Point carbine?

waksupi
12-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Do I have a choice of a Glock pistol or Hi Point carbine?

Nope! :Fire:

btroj
12-30-2013, 09:50 PM
They are ugly but I go Glock in this one. I don't know of anyone who got rid of one for poor feeding or lack of reliability.

robertbank
12-31-2013, 01:36 AM
Phooey just shoot me. This is like asking a guy to marry either one of two ugly twin sisters.:Fire:

Happy New Years !

Bob

6bg6ga
12-31-2013, 06:54 AM
Nope! :Fire:

This makes no sense. I will have to take this as meaning ANY Hi Point available or any Glock. I'll take my 45 acp carbine.

Love Life
12-31-2013, 01:17 PM
Can we have back up shurikens?

pmer
12-31-2013, 01:26 PM
Stay away from the Bubba Ammo Company with either brand. Is the G30 Hi Pointish with its wide slide?

Who really buys a gun because its cute or not? :Fire:

tek4260
12-31-2013, 01:29 PM
Sorry but no self respecting person would ever own a Hi Point. The only good use for one I can think of is to have it in a plastic bag somewhere to be used as a throw down piece.

And don't bring up the price point. You simply should have saved longer or worked a bit harder.

Love Life
12-31-2013, 02:34 PM
Now, now. The hi-points are ugly, and heavy, and ugly. However; having played with quite few they are reliable and dang strong. I'm not going to go into detail on what we did to try and destroy a $50 special we picked up, but it was quite eye opening.

My brother has rocked a hi-point for years, against all my advice, for a couple reasons. It was cheap, it hits where he aims, and it has been very reliable. My brother has the money to buy pretty much whatever handgun he wants, has a few different ones, but the Hi-point is always with him whether going to the range or in the car.

He is comfortable with it and it works. Plus he paid $75 for it when he bought it from a guy at work.

nekshot
12-31-2013, 02:39 PM
The high point work fine for me and I don't like the bulge but do like the Glock in trigger safety dept but if push came to shove I'll go with a hi point.

clownbear69
12-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Well if you like guns made out of Matchbox cars get a hi-point (seriously the frame is made out of the same metal). I personally will never own a hi point unless (and only unless) if I lived in a state that confiscated the firearm after it was legit defense and I wouldn't have a chance of getting it back.

But if I only had a hi point budget I would wait until the following budget and get this.....http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=385322689

Or nearly any of the mil surplus guns under $250.

That's just my .02

Love Life
12-31-2013, 02:53 PM
Have you ever owned or shot a HI-Point Clownbear?

Jailer
12-31-2013, 02:53 PM
No question at all I'd go for a Glock.

Should the need ever arise every single part is user replaceable with simple tools.

waksupi
12-31-2013, 04:34 PM
The point of this exercise is to find out the mind set of people, and who would be someone you would want with you in the sticks if it came right down to getting by. If form over function is your criteria, you may be in trouble when the zombies come!

Love Life
12-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Dang Ric! What are we missing on the Hi-point that the Glock doesn't do? You're killing me!

waksupi
12-31-2013, 04:45 PM
Dang Ric! What are we missing on the Hi-point that the Glock doesn't do? You're killing me!

I've never heard of a Hi Point blowing up, regardless of what it is fed. Can't say the same about a Glock.

Love Life
12-31-2013, 05:08 PM
True, but it's usually a mouth breather behind the blow ups. However; I bet plenty of mouth breathers own and shoot HI-Points, and there aren't any reports of one blowing up. That actually says a lot.

Can I throw a drilling in the mix of firearms?

double00
12-31-2013, 05:54 PM
i would have to go high point. mine has never failed and made here in the USA.

clownbear69
12-31-2013, 05:56 PM
Have you ever owned or shot a HI-Point Clownbear?

Hi-point yes I have. Very soft shooting but when it came to accuracy (my experience) not very good. Plus in my experience the better the warranty the better chance it needing to get sent off to get repaired. Out of all the firearms I have had to send off for repair 50% was Taurus 35-40% were hi-points. And many of my customers had to come back to me within 2 weeks....

btroj
12-31-2013, 06:01 PM
How many Hi-points a re out there? Bet it isn't as many as there are Glocks.

Maybe Hi-point owners view them as disposable and therefore don't complain about a kaboom.

For a more fair comparison make it Glock vs tricked out Kimber.

robertbank
12-31-2013, 06:15 PM
I'm confused.

1. You carry a gun to defend your life and would choose the Hi-Point over a Glock because it doesn;t cost as much to replace if it was seized by the State after you used it?

2. You would choose a HiPoint because it is made in the US over a Glock that is made in the US as well. When defending your life do you really care where the best tool for the job is made?

3. I own several 9MM guns that would all compete in the same market as the HiPoint and Glock. True the HiPoint would be the least expensive, ignoring what we can get Norincos for up here BUT none of the guns I own are unreliable. This would include STI, M&P, CZ, FN, Inglis, SIG and Tanfoglio. All would cost more than the HiPoint yet all would out shoot the HiPoint in terms of accuracy, all are 100% reliable and none have gone kaboom. So why would anyone choose a cheap gun like the HiPoint over a better quality gun with a proven reputation like a CZ, SIG, Glock or M&P. Surely your life is worth more consideration than where something is made or whether it is $200 less expensive. When HI-Points are in the hands of police agencies and/or winning major action shooting competitions then maybe......cheap and less expensive are not two words I would want to use when defining a tool I wanted to use to defend my family, just saying.

Take Care

Bob

Valerko
12-31-2013, 06:27 PM
Not a huge Glock fan , but at least it looks better then Hi point. :):):)

xacex
12-31-2013, 06:35 PM
I am considering a Hipoint due to the legal system we have, and the fact it cost several thousand dollars to file paperwork to get your firearm back after a defensive scenario. Its screwed up that we have to defend ourselves in a court of law after we use deadly force to protect our family even if your state has decent stand your ground laws. Having said that, a Glock and Hipoint are equal at doing one thing, shooting a bullet down the barrel with boring consistency. I have a Glock, and I would use that currently instead of my 1911 due to the cost of loosing my firearm. The crackerjack Hipoint would be even better, unless I had to carry it due to the weight. The only downside I see with Hipoints is the capacity, takedown, and weight. Glock wins with capacity(or the ability to use large capacity magazines), and weight, but looses when you talk about hot loads, and unsupported chambers.
Now if we are talking zombie apocalypse or a lawless scenario where I want a lot of capacity, I am not going to loose my gun,and I need reliability and ease of cleaning it is Glock all the way.

robertbank
12-31-2013, 06:49 PM
Fear not, Glock chambers are now as supported as any pistols in the market. The company changed the barrels over time and they have been fully supported since the Gen 3s. Guys make Open guns out of them using 9MM and the pressures are as high as one can get using that cartridge. and anything this side of dynamite for a propellant.

Take Care

Bob

roysha
12-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Don't forget if you run out of ammo with the Hi-Point you can throw it at the attacker and if you hit him you win!:)

In reality I wouldn't give a dime for either one unless I could sell it for two-bits.

garym1a2
01-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Have you ever heard of a Glock 21 blowing up? Its much stronger than the Glock22 with the story they blow up with +p.
The Glock 22 and 40 round are a decent pressure round from the factory so not so much room for error.

The Glock 21 with 45 acp is a rather weak round and the Glock 21 is a very strong gun, same basic frame handles the 10mm when in glock 20 version.

Those than have ran tens of thousands of rounds in the Glocks have a lot of confidence in them, its not chance that most shooters in IDPA and USPA pick Glock for their production guns.

I've never heard of a Hi Point blowing up, regardless of what it is fed. Can't say the same about a Glock.

300savage
01-01-2014, 04:53 PM
if someone did not want me at their back because i am packn my glocks that have never hiccuped no matter what i shove up them,, that hold a min of 13 rounds,, that come up in front of my eye like it grew there.. that shoots ten in a snuff can at twenty five yards.. because i aint packn their favorite piece of hardware then i pity the fool.
as i find someone with better tactical sense to be on my team.

Love Life
01-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Ooh, ooh, ooh, Pick me!! I'm tactical!

300savage
01-01-2014, 05:30 PM
yes i noticed that. how could i not pick you when we could be attacked any second by a mariachi band gone rogue

waksupi
01-01-2014, 10:57 PM
if someone did not want me at their back because i am packn my glocks that have never hiccuped no matter what i shove up them,, that hold a min of 13 rounds,, that come up in front of my eye like it grew there.. that shoots ten in a snuff can at twenty five yards.. because i aint packn their favorite piece of hardware then i pity the fool.
as i find someone with better tactical sense to be on my team.

The heart of the question isn't really about either of the firearms in question. It is about mindset, on selecting things that are as fail safe as possible for all conditions and available ammunition. Selections of this sort, reflects on how a person would approach other problems.

MtGun44
01-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Reloads are NOT the only blowups in Glocks. I have seen a letter that was
sent by the head of a US Federal police agency to the President of Glock asking
why so many of their .40 S&W Glocks were blowing up with factory ammo.

Bill

rondog
01-01-2014, 11:30 PM
I have three HiPoint carbines, they all shoot great. No HP handguns, or Glocks either. I would tend towards the HiPoints, mainly because of all the spouting on the 'net from all the Glock fanboyz. When people get so radically defensive about a product, sometimes to the point of verbally abusive, it kinda turns me off. I'm not one to jump on a bandwagon just because a bunch of people say I should.

Just my opinion.

300savage
01-02-2014, 12:20 AM
The heart of the question isn't really about either of the firearms in question. It is about mindset, on selecting things that are as fail safe as possible for all conditions and available ammunition. Selections of this sort, reflects on how a person would approach other problems.

ok sigmund yer crakin me up..

Piedmont
01-02-2014, 02:19 AM
I don't agree with that. There would be ZERO pride of ownership with the Hipoint and a lack of aesthetics. If you have owned good pistols, why would you want to own something like that? I held one years ago and when held at arm's length the front sight was wider than the rear notch. How do you get that wrong? I would just about as soon be seen walking out of bordello as buying a Hipoint pistol. Curiously I wouldn't mind playing with one of their Planet of the Apes carbines. If I wanted hell for stout in a .45 ACP I would get a Blackhawk convertible.

When buying a generator or a sack of beans I would not judge it the same way I would firearms.

waksupi
01-02-2014, 02:31 AM
ok sigmund yer crakin me up..

As intended! :wink:

Let's approach the same idea in this way. If you had to be in a real life situation surviving, which would you take? A high tech compound bow, or a recurve or other traditional bow? Why? The true answer is the same as if it were the pistols.

Love Life
01-02-2014, 02:43 AM
:popcorn:....

starmac
01-02-2014, 04:24 AM
I would have to go with a recurve or long bow, if I knew I was going to have to depend on it forever.

farmerjim
01-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Recurve or long bow, I can shoot one of these. I have never been able to master the compound bow. Now a compound crossbow is a different story. 2 inch groups at 50 yards.

300savage
01-02-2014, 10:12 AM
not that much diff.. more like a $125.00 compound that has a rep above its price point and in spite of its buttuglyness or a $600.00 compound of far better quality that feels good looks good and shoots good.

if we follow your logic far enough ur going to end up with a rock, congratulations thats what you had to begin with wasnt it ?

6bg6ga
01-02-2014, 10:52 AM
You didn't specify pistols unless I am mistaken. I believe you had asked if it would be Glock or Hi Point. I'll take my Hi Point carbine and feed it anything from nasty to lite target loads and it will run everything thru it. Any bullet any size and it runs thru. I'll put it up to an AR15 in terms of wear and functionality.

km101
01-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Life is too short to shoot an ugly gun! Go with.............neither! I don't like the "ballistic Tupperware" or the Hi Point!

garym1a2
01-03-2014, 08:56 AM
For What its worth I like my Beratta CX4 storm 9mm carbine much better than the Hipoint 45acp cabine I was dumb enough to buy once.

45 2.1
01-03-2014, 11:23 PM
This question was kicked around at the Friday afternoon coffee gathering. If you had to chose one, which? I came down on the side of the Hi Point, since they are pretty much indestructible, from within or without.

What do you think?

Personally, I couldn't choose either..... and that's because I don't own or like either. I'd take what I had with the consideration of choosing things, that if it were the only thing you had, it wouldn't break or let you down. I can carry a Mech-Tech conversion upper for a Colt 1911 rather easily though.

I'm interested in what your armorer friend had to say also.

Clay M
01-03-2014, 11:46 PM
This is a joke right?...

ACrowe25
01-03-2014, 11:52 PM
I hate glocks. For reasons beyond this thread. Maybe I'm just a 1911 fan boy with a "couple" in the safe... But I have shot hi-points and were impressed. Purely from the reliability/price standpoint.

waksupi
01-04-2014, 12:19 AM
Personally, I couldn't choose either..... and that's because I don't own or like either. I'd take what I had with the consideration of choosing things, that if it were the only thing you had, it wouldn't break or let you down. I can carry a Mech-Tech conversion upper for a Colt 1911 rather easily though.

I'm interested in what your armorer friend had to say also.

He told me someone had one overseas, and they did their best to destroy it. I don't know if it was someone from the US that had it, as he was stationed with the Jordanian Legion. Throwing it out of a helicopter at 500 ft, running over it with anything that rolled, and set it on a charge and tried to blow it up. Still fired.

freebullet
01-04-2014, 12:21 AM
If you take a hi point to front sight they will have band aids waiting for you and announce to the other instructors that there is a hi point on the range. Of the three hi points I've seen fired I think I'd go with the goofy grip angled glock cause the hi points wouldn't function. The glocks I tried did work well. The young man at front sight had band aids on almost every finger by the fourth day. I used an xd and didn't need band aids, none of the glock shooters needed band aids that I saw either. That young man got more malfunction clearing traing than anyone else in the class. I was proud of him for finishing the class, his hands were messed up from dealing with that gun.

Clay M
01-04-2014, 09:29 AM
I have never like any of the polymer guns. To me they are a tool,like a hammer. I recognize the dependability of a Glock,but I hate the grip angle, because I have trained with a 1911 for years. I own a S&W MP not because I think it is better than a Glock ,but because of the grip angle. I think the Glocks are fantastic guns for what they are designed to do.I would choose the Glock and I do like the Gen4 Glock 21,it is the only Glock I would buy.

pmer
01-05-2014, 03:40 AM

I think it's too easy to pick sides in this exercise. It's funny to hear about the band aids though. Here's the G30 at 45 feet, standing slow fire. Not bad for a 5 yard Tupperware gun with a poor trigger and bad grip angle.

And again stay away from bubba's reloads. I'd rather take a 22 than use someone else's hot reloads.

Clay M
01-05-2014, 09:40 AM
I don't think the grip angle is bad on a Glock,I think it is more what you are use to shooting.I am just use to the feel of a 1911.
Glocks are plenty accurate to get the job done.People who spend a lot of time with the Glock seem to get good accuracy. I was surprise how well I could shoot the gen4 21.I agree about the hot reloads.Bad idea in a Glock.

retiredPO
01-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Hi Point, got it due to the price, love it due to its durability, I carry it in the Farm Tractor, Farm Truck, 4 Wheeler,... I only carry one clip, cause if I run out, I can Beat the SH.... out of whatever it is I need to... with it.... and it will probably till shoot like a champ, Have over 2500 rounds (all reloads) never misses a beat.... American pride, I will do business all day with Companys like this....

pmer
01-05-2014, 07:29 PM
I hope nobody comes away thinking they can turn their Hi Point 9mm into a 38 Super or 45 acp into a 454.

The OP used the phrase "Bubba gun show special ammo". To me the term Bubba suggests doing something with skills ranging from inexperience to carelessness. Even if I owned a Hi Point I wouldn't shoot that stuff. And I won't buy into the idea that Hi Points are some sort of indestructible shooting machine because a few guys on the internet say they are either. I'm not saying this anger but my bs meter is reading high. If the Hi Point was as good as a Glock would Glock have the market share that it currently enjoys?

If Hi point is all you can afford or all you want, that's fair, go to it and happy shooting. But no one is being forced to buy a Glock. I resisted Glock for a long time, thought I try one and learned that these things aren't that bad. I have more wheel guns than pistols and a 1911 too, that G30 holds its own to 40-50 feet after that the short sight radius rears it ugly head. It's a compact

There are plenty of folks shooting +P in their Glocks too. I guess the company suggests spring replacement at 2000 rounds compared to 3000 - 5000 at normal PSIs.

6bg6ga
01-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Well, I own 2 Glocks and I'm not thrilled with either one. They shoot fine in my hand yet I cannot stand their trigger. I also own a 4595 45acp carbine. As I have mentioned I would take the 4595 any day of the week with any loads. You on the other hand don't own a Hi Point and you probably haven't shot one either so how can you even begin to compare the two? Marketing says it all. Take Bose for instance.... they have a superior marketing program and have talked 90% of the people over 60 into purchasing their product. Goes to show that any junk can be sold if you market it correctly. Would I own a Hi Point pistol? Probably not just based on the fact that their trigger sucks badly on the carbine and the info out on the pistol is they are the same and they are ugly to boot. Yet I fully admit that I haven't shot one of them so I am not qualified to make a judgement call on their pistol the same as you.

Lets talk Glock failures.... They happen period. Their not any different than any other gun in other words any part can break at any time. So the only answer to this thread is to carry one of each and use one until it breaks and then throw it at your attacker.

pmer
01-05-2014, 09:35 PM
"Well, I own 2 Glocks and I'm not thrilled with either one. They shoot fine in my hand yet I cannot stand their trigger."

"Marketing says it all. Take Bose for instance.... they have a superior marketing program and have talked 90% of the people over 60 into purchasing their product. Goes to show that any junk can be sold if you market it correctly."

All I can say is thumb your nose at the marketers and dump those Glocks. Life is too short to shoot a gun you hate.

ColterB
01-05-2014, 10:02 PM
If I am in a self defense scenario, I want a pistol with real sights, good capacity, and superb reliability. I will take a Glock. If the police confiscate it... I will simply start using my backup Glock. Not a big deal. (People worried about their $500 gun being confiscated after someone just tried to kill them need to get their priorities figured out. Replacing a $500 pistol is the least of my concerns in that situation. The lawyer fees are going to cost substantially more.)

If I am in a survival situation, I know a Glock will go tens of thousands of rounds before needing even minor parts replaced, and I can keep those parts and the tools needed to replace them in a camera film container. I know the frame of a 9mm Glock is good for a solid 50,000 rounds, and in many cases can go 75,000.

If I am shooting at the range, I'll take a pistol that has first rate quality, proper ergonomics, and can be customized extensively to fit my tastes and preferences. Give me a Glock. I can also get a real holster for it.

I have never pondered a question in which "Hi Point" was the right answer.

pmer
01-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Has anyone tried to make a Glock fail? I seen video of one being shot with motor oil dripping out it. I shot my G19 weak hand and also let it hang on my thumb and index finger (as loose as possible) and it fed and ejected till empty.

garym1a2
01-06-2014, 01:24 PM
just load you bullet a little long and they will fail. Use aftermarket part wrong and they may fail. Put in the guiderod/spring assembly in wrong and it may break.

Shoot over 10k rounds and the trigger return spring may fail. Shoot over 20k rounds and the fring pin may fail.

I have done all the above.

Has anyone tried to make a Glock fail? I seen video of one being shot with motor oil dripping out it. I shot my G19 weak hand and also let it hang on my thumb and index finger (as loose as possible) and it fed and ejected till empty.

sandman228
01-06-2014, 02:06 PM
first off i'll admit im not a fan of glock at all but to each there own ,I wont say anything good bad or whatever about them.but I can say a thing or 2 about hipoint in the past I owned 3 c9's a 40 a 45 2 995 carbines and a 4095 carbine . ok first off there ugly there bulky and there heavy , that being said there also reliable and accurate at least for me they were . my hipoints outperformed several guns costing allot more time after time with my reloads and my cast bullets I shot the hell out of all of them . now I did have some issues here and there there pistols over time develop firing pin issues it just cant be helped my 1st issue was with 1 of my c9's (light strikes) I boxed it up sent it back on a Monday and had it back Friday of the same week with a new firing pin . later on I had the same trouble with the 40 this time I just called them told them the prob and whati thought I needed they sent me a new firing pin and I fixed it myself . the third issue I had a bullet stick in the barrel of my 995 and didn't realize it and shot it again till I realized what was going on I sent it back they totally rebuilt it free of charge no questions asked oh and believe it or not it was xtp bullets when this happened . another thing is anytime you send a gun in for repair they give you an extra mag free of charge (they used to anyway) . I never had the jamming issues other say they had with hipoints in my opinion there decent guns for the money . they can break down over time though from repeated use but so can anything else . ive even thought a time or 2 about picking another 1 up someday for a truck gun .

robertbank
01-06-2014, 02:21 PM

There is also a video on youtube where the shooter limp wrists several pistols. The Glock will jam if you limp wrist it....consistently.

If you want a dependable 9MM for your Zombie chasing get a M&P in either the PRO or FS. Made in the US by an American owned company if that is important to you.

Take Care

Bob

GoesBang
01-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know if Hi Point bought out Stallard Arms ? Maybe from Mansfield Ohio ? Im CRS now. In the early 90's I purchased a Stallard arms 9mm pistol. $129 new. Seemed like pot metal, needed a pin punch to remove the slide, mag spring got wore out after leaving it loaded for a few months up in the closet. Extractor chipped and failed to extract the cases most of the time. It did shoot well.
Got rid of it. Started into glocks because of the prices and reliability.
I'd try a hi point only because of the good reviews here.

Mike

Stallard joined forces with Haskell and Iberia to become Hi-Point in the late 1980's.

I own a Hi-Point JH 45. It is 14 years old.

GoesBang
01-06-2014, 10:29 PM

Couldn't add the pics to my first post.

A recent range trip.

btroj
01-06-2014, 10:57 PM
I had heard of Hi point but haven't ever seen one, least not that I know of. Looking at their website those are some butt ugly guns. They may go bang but they make a Glock look sexy.

btroj
01-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Yes Waksupi, I know that is your point. I would far prefer a Glock, they have a great reputation and aren't near as homely.

jonp
01-06-2014, 11:08 PM
My high point is ugly, unrefined and goes bang every time. Is a gun supposed to do something other than go bang?

btroj
01-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Yep, I want them to be pleasant to look at.

Hillary can cook and care for you but would you marry her? She can do anything any other woman can do.

freebullet
01-07-2014, 12:18 AM
Yep, I want them to be pleasant to look at.

Hillary can cook and care for you but would you marry her? She can do anything any other woman can do.

I doubt she would hold a lower while I drive a new bolt catch pin in on a bumper. I also wouldn't urinate on her if she was on fire. Any advances from her would be met with face punches, even though I don't hit women.

btroj
01-07-2014, 12:25 AM
See, there are requirements beyond just being minimally capable of doing the job.

Comrade Mike
01-07-2014, 12:48 AM
Glock. I'm of the "hi-points are junk" school of thought and would never trust my life to one.

pmer
01-07-2014, 09:49 AM
There is also a video on youtube where the shooter limp wrists several pistols. The Glock will jam if you limp wrist it....consistently.

If you want a dependable 9MM for your Zombie chasing get a M&P in either the PRO or FS. Made in the US by an American owned company if that is important to you.

Take Care

Bob

Yep I saw that too and thinking Glock is my go to, I should try the same thing as I saw it youtube. My G19 worked fine. I tried it a few times with only a few rounds in the mag to keep mass down in the receiver. I used a upper / normal charge of TG with a 124 FMJ. Accurate powders looked into it and they found it can happen easier with the faster burning powders. One thing I try to keep in mind is that Glock haters can be as adamant as proponents. Do I have the only Glock that can pass the limp wrist test? I doubt it. Try it with yours and report back. If one gun is rated for +P and the other is not which one would work better with weak ammo?

I can't believe I'm the only one that sees danger in Bubba's ammo. Squib load anyone? I would shoot that ammo in my Glock but first I'd weigh the rounds toss the odd ones out. Then try one and see what the brass looks like. If I have to grab a gun go I'm not going ignore basic gun handling and ammo safety tips. What good am I to the team if I'm hurt or I hurt someone next to me.

Below is what I found trying to search for troubles with Hi Points. No pictures so who knows.. gunandgame.com

You would be more well suited in that price point to get an old Tokarev or TT clone and a spare 9MM Barrel and Bushing from Sarco, that gun would be safe and strong as hell (as well as being in your price range). I used to be quite a proponent of HiPoints, you may see my old posts on this site. I had a C9 blow up in my face with WWB 9MM. I now STRONGLY advocate staying the hell away from them. As far as possible, whenever I see someone shooting one on the range I move downrange after I had the kB with mine.

garym1a2
01-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Funny thing, many of the people I know in USPSA action shooting that went from the Glock to the M&P pro are coming back as the pro has extractor problems.

Take Care

Bob

Interesting. The PRO has exactly the same lower as the FS gun, ie they are identical. The FS has never had extraction problems and if it hasn't the PRO hasn't either. Sounds like "internet" gossip to me. I have over 5K rounds through both my PROs and at least 10K on my FS 9MM without any sort of extraction problem but I could be the exception. Both the Glock and the M&P, like most gouns are reliable shooters. For me the Glockis uncomfortable in my hand - I'm not the first to say the hump at the back of the Glock is uncimfortable - and the grip angle has the gun pointing up when drawn. The S&W offering uses the 1911 grip angle vs the Luger angle found in the Glock and is far more comfortable in my hand. Your mileage nay vary.

Take Care

Bob

robertbank
01-07-2014, 12:39 PM
Interesting. The PRO has exactly the same lower as the FS gun, ie they are identical. The FS has never had extraction problems and if it hasn't the PRO hasn't either. Sounds like "internet" gossip to me. I have over 5K rounds through both my PROs and at least 10K on my FS 9MM without any sort of extraction problem but I could be the exception. Both the Glock and the M&P, like most gouns are reliable shooters. For me the Glockis uncomfortable in my hand - I'm not the first to say the hump at the back of the Glock is uncimfortable - and the grip angle has the gun pointing up when drawn. The S&W offering uses the 1911 grip angle vs the Luger angle found in the Glock and is far more comfortable in my hand. Your mileage nay vary.

Take Care

Bob

TheGrimReaper
01-07-2014, 01:13 PM
GLOCK hands down. Best pistols on the market.

garym1a2
01-07-2014, 01:24 PM
For what it's worth the Glock's, M&P series, XDM's and the like are light years better than the Hi-Point and more reliable than most 1911's.

Take Care

Bob

Texantothecore
01-07-2014, 02:07 PM
I shot a Hipoint a week or so ago and was pleasantly surprised. I think it was the additional weight that knocked the top off the recoil off the .40 cal round. I will probably get one in the near future as it also fit my hand which is unusual in a semi.

It is a nice pistol. It impressed me as a working gun.

robertbank
01-07-2014, 02:59 PM
For what it's worth the Glock's, M&P series, XDM's and the like are light years better than the Hi-Point and more reliable than most 1911's.

This in spades.

Take Care

Bob

w0fms
01-07-2014, 04:31 PM
I bought a JHP (45) Hi-Point literally as a whim, impulse buy at a gun show. $140 It's heavy, top heavy and, yup is flat black powder coated (as are the boolits coming out of it at present) pot metal. I thought, well, I'll probably sell it at a loss and I'd hate it after I got it home. But I went to the range, put cheap PMC ammo into it and shot probably one of the best groups out of it of any pistol I ever tried. I mean from the factory, the sights were dead on, and the heavy weight means it's one of the lowest recoil pistols I've ever tried. It's a GREAT range toy and would make a fabulous "truck gun".

I've never had a FTF or FTE on it. Very reliable... It's butt simple and ugly.. but reliable. I actually have had people ask what should they start with reloading and I recommend the 45 ACP (as it's a low pressure load) and one of these Hi-Points as I think it would be very hard to blow up (even with a double charge).

The only issue I had is that I didn't bother slugging the barrel and.. well.. before PCing I had severe leading problems.. but now I don't bother sizing and I also PC and that problem is gone too...

The other night when reading the debates about the new 380 Glock 42, I thought, geeze those things are ugly.. looks like my Hi-Point.. :)...I about spit up my coffee here when I came across this thread. I don't have great love for Glocks, and for sure two Hi-Point pistols and a carbine for the price of a Glock is a no brainer. Would I carry a Hi Point? No. I probably wouldn't carry a Glock either. But I don't disrespect those who love the ugly expensive Austrian devices though.. I get the love for them...

Budda
01-07-2014, 09:12 PM
I love hi points! I have one on the end of a rope to hold my canoe still while fishing!!!

DCM
03-15-2014, 10:50 AM
I have shot both and found them both to be reliable.
I found the Glock to be more accurate at longer distance with the ammo we used.
As others have said it would mostly come down to a matter of $.
One plus for the Highpoint is I would not feel to bad handing it over to the cops if I had to use it for personal defense.

jonp
03-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Older thread but I'll weigh in. I have 3 Hi Points. Ugly, cheap and indestructible. They also have a great grip and the heavy slide kills recoil. Not the most refined pistol and I wouldn't carry one every day due to the weight but I love to shoot mine. I also like the finish. The matte powder coat is what I like about it. I have never been a fan of shiny pistols hence my safe full of BH's.
The Hi Point customer service is top notch. I bought a used one that a junior achiever wanna be pistol smith messed with and I need a few parts. Called them up, spoke to a nice lady on the phone and she mailed me the parts free of charge. Can't beat that.

If your on a budget and need a self defense/nightstand gun I'd would not hesitate to recommend one

sidecarmike
03-15-2014, 11:19 PM
I've owned both. HiPoint C9, JHP, and 995 and Glock 37, 21, and 17. I still own a HiPoint. I doubt I'll ever own another Glock.

twc1964
03-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Hands down, have to go with a glock. i have two and never a malfunction......ever.

Lefty Red
03-16-2014, 08:55 PM
Had an old 995, chrome receiver, named it "Bling". Could shoot squirrels out to 25 yards with a cheap BSA reddot. Swear I had a total $150 in it! Gave it to my oldest daughter in the divorce.

Had four of the 40 S&W pistols. Made them "permanently unsafe" by screwing the "safe" (piece of bent tin) on off and keeping a full mag with an empty chamber. Kept them hidden in the garage, laundry room, van, and shed. Shot regularly. Never a misfire. Really liked the Lee TL bullet with Red Dot at power factor velocity. Can't remember the charge.

Had a C9 that sucked! Jamomatic.

Didn't like the 4095, 40 S&W carbine. Too heavy and long and unwieldy.

Had Glocks G17,G19,G35, and G20. Liked them all, just never warmed up to them. Never have and never will think that a polymer pistol is worth over $300 dollars. Surely not $500.

Lefty

yoter
03-17-2014, 02:54 AM
Glock. I have carried and shot Glock pistols in 9mm and 40 S&W for the past 15 years.

wrongway
03-17-2014, 08:56 PM
Had a Hi point 40 was to big for my hands now have a Ruger.

43PU
04-10-2015, 08:34 PM
For all you Hi-Point haters. WARNING!!! ONE curse word!!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQk244oW9c

roverboy
04-11-2015, 09:00 AM
For all you Hi-Point haters. WARNING!!! ONE curse word!!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQk244oW9c

Wow that thing is mean. Like Joe Dirt would say, Daaanngg!
As far as Hi-Points go, I love my JHP .45 ACP.
I love to mention them to snobby guys and piss them off.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
04-11-2015, 11:42 PM
without putting down the hi-point for being what it is a fine low cost gun , what it is not is a high capacity pistol with fast reloads and the largest availability of holsters of any pistol and fairly low weight

I am not glock fan don't even own one , but gosh it sure would be nice to walk into a store and have every make and model of holster made for your gun

your hi-point may shoot very well but in a game that needs rounds on target fast I don't see how it can compete against one of the top 2 guns in competitive shooting

waksupi
02-18-2024, 01:55 PM
I'm bringing this back to see what the new crop of shooters say.

Sig556r
02-18-2024, 02:01 PM
Toyota or Hyundai…

Hannibal
02-18-2024, 02:51 PM
I'm not exactly new crop, but it's Glock for me.

FergusonTO35
02-18-2024, 07:26 PM
The new "Yeet Cannon" from HP has a 10 round flush fit mag, a grip safety, and the contours of the slide are less brick-like than previous ones. For what little it costs, I don't think it's a bad choice especially if it's not going to be used for CCW. Price wise, the only other things within range are Sccy which have their own unresolved issues and total junk like Jimenez. Once in awhile you can catch the Taurus G2C on sale for a bit more than $200.00 but they're usually $240.00 here.

rintinglen
02-18-2024, 07:59 PM
I own scores of pistols: I do not own either a Glock or a Hi Point. I generally carry a revolver or a Kahr. But if I had to buy one I'd get a Glock. Unless I planned on using it for a boat anchor, in which case the Hi Point wins hands down.

Plate plinker
02-18-2024, 08:14 PM
I own scores of pistols: I do not own either a Glock or a Hi Point. I generally carry a revolver or a Kahr. But if I had to buy one I'd get a Glock. Unless I planned on using it for a boat anchor, in which case the Hi Point wins hands down.
I bought a plastic Kahn years ago. Big mistake that thing is super snappy.

Ohh and as for the original question glock all the way.

FergusonTO35
02-19-2024, 10:03 AM
The good thing about Hi-Point is that almost anyone can afford one and get reliable basic protection. There are scores of people who are poor as dirt and really can't afford anything else, especially if they are disabled and/or have to raise grandchildren. Alot of these folks live in really bad areas and also may have people who want to hurt them such as ex-spouses. Especially here in Kentucky, I see them every day. Hi-Point isn't my first, second, or third choice, but I'm glad they are available.

TheGrimReaper
02-21-2024, 04:52 PM
Got to go with Glock

DDriller
02-21-2024, 11:22 PM
If you can get by the 10 pound trigger pull the Hi-Point is not bad.

35 Rem
02-22-2024, 12:27 AM
Glock without hesitation. HI Points are just too cheap for me to trust with my life as a Carry gun. And that is the only reason I would want either as they are both as ugly as a dirt clod. I look at a Glock like a tool. I don't get the least bit excited when I buy one. It's not a gun, it's more like getting a hammer. The ugly, chunky things work though and they work every time from my experience with my Models 23 and 27.

But a whole train load of Glocks won't compare to even one old used Italian made copy of a Colt Single action as far as getting me excited about owning and shooting it. :)

William Yanda
02-22-2024, 09:21 AM
Hi Point.
A. Murican made,
B. I'm a bottom feeder, and
C. As my Grandmother used to say, Beauty is as Beauty does.